Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dallas Wildman on March 31, 2015, 09:10:19 PM
But that's EXACTLY my point, there is nothing right about governments criminalizing marijuana use or uncontrolled immigration.  NOTHING at all, he thinks I'm idiot by arguing semantics.

OH. MY . FUCKING. GOD ! I just noticed that the board is displayed backwards !!!!
Much easier to understand how the discussion went now :)
Oh dear ...

Quote from: AdeptusHereticus on March 31, 2015, 09:25:56 PM
OH. MY . FUCKING. GOD ! I just noticed that the board is displayed backwards !!!!
Much easier to understand how the discussion went now :)
Oh dear ...

Oh fooled you too right?  Should've given you a heads up my bad.
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

Quote from: Travis Retriever on March 31, 2015, 06:48:04 PM
https://www.facebook.com/thefluffyfurrycreatures/posts/751659534931843 Since when is weight a choice?  And how is appearance NOT a choice?

I'll also add that The Fluffy Furry Creatures' responses are all fails as far as I'm concerned.

You know what, I'm not sure I agree with gender identity not being a choice either ... At least not to the extent some people do. Not all categories of gender identities are related to each other on a conceptual level, other than being lumped together in the gender identities.
So, my starting point would be the same as his I believe : The knowledge about what's in another person mind is difficult to build, if not impossible, and, preferences are a personal matter.
Now, there are two things that I get to from there and don't seem compatible with his assertion :
1) The concept of gender replacing the concept of preferences essentially. Which would mean that the descriptive value of the concept of gender is dubious because it omits some preferences and builds a new spectrum based solely on others chosen arbitrarily. As an example, I don't see the fundamental difference between being heterosexual, homosexual, trans, SM, scat or zoo. I've never heard or read anything that would give me the beginning of a clue about why the concept of gender indentity has been invented in the first place. To me, it all falls under the same category and the descriptive value was already good with "preferences"
2) The concept of an individual of one sex "feeling" like being of the other. If you cannot know how another individual feels, then you cannot know how an individual of the other sex feels. If your sex is given to you by default, then, by default, you feel like an individual of that sex. It follows that the conclusion that women can be trapped in the body of men and vice versa is flawed. In top of that, crossdressing, for those who do it for that reason, or transitioning, are in practice a choice. The last possibility is that their mind virulently rejects their body, or image of their body, or whatever it is, but that looks like a completely other issue to me ... In that instance, that would be easier to live by adapting your body rather than your mind I guess, but I don't see how it would affect the reasoning.

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on March 31, 2015, 09:50:53 PM
Oh fooled you too right?  Should've given you a heads up my bad.

Damn libertarians... Don't think about others ... grbmllbrmlbr ... me, me, me ... grmlgrblgmr ...

Quote from: AdeptusHereticus on March 31, 2015, 08:34:59 PM
Is it really a problem to call illegals "illegal" when they break the law of a given country when entering it ? I mean it's technically correct.

The problem is, it's being used as an identifier when it says much more about the idiocy of the government of the country they've emigrated to than it does about them as people.

From this conversation.

Leave it to religious conservatives to be just as nauseating on the Indiana issue as their liberal counterparts. Apparently bigotry doesn't exist and racism is a term created by liberals to keep them down.

This guy doesn't supply the only fail though. There was a TON of fail by different people that didn't even show up in that link.

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 01, 2015, 06:30:22 AM
The problem is, it's being used as an identifier when it says much more about the idiocy of the government of the country they've emigrated to than it does about them as people.

Well, I focused on that point at first only because I didn't see the original discussion was to be read the other way around, the board being displayed with the starting post at the bottom. Because of that, I didn't see that the guy Dallas was arguing against made the point that it was the right thing to do to obey the law no matter what before Dallas made his point. I would have argued the same way he and you did if I were in his place.

April 01, 2015, 03:59:26 PM #7567 Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:03:01 PM by Travis Retriever
Quote from: AnCap Dave on April 01, 2015, 06:34:23 AM
From this conversation.

Leave it to religious conservatives to be just as nauseating on the Indiana issue as their liberal counterparts. Apparently bigotry doesn't exist and racism is a term created by liberals to keep them down.

This guy doesn't supply the only fail though. There was a TON of fail by different people that didn't even show up in that link.
I'm still not sure why so many people don't get the points you're making.  And really, something I've picked up on that many of the law's non-an-cap proponents have likely noticed (if only intuitively) is that the crying from liberals about this is a case of belief in belief.  They don't really believe that gays, or whatever would be served without guns and peacefully, otherwise, they wouldn't have to implement such a policy by force.  As someone who is bi, I'm rightly indignant over that.

So much for liberals being "tolerant."
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on April 02, 2015, 01:03:43 AM
    https://medium.com/@amalythia/anita-sarkeesian-s-new-video-may-have-ulterior-motives-14d2802fbce7

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!
[/quote

Where's the fail? The piece seems to be a fair enough review of Sarkeesians article.

Quote from: dallen68 on April 02, 2015, 03:44:23 AMWhere's the fail? The piece seems to be a fair enough review of Sarkeesians article.

I think Sarkeesian herself was supposed to be the fail.

Yeah, she doesn't have a lot to say, which might explain why she sounds like she is pitching the game ... This video is not the one that will show the return on investment (I guess her backers are happy anyway).

And this video has a new name attached to it for the writing, As well as a new name for the graphics ... I'm no expert in the field of video production but damn, what do they do exactly, all those people ... ? Do you really need two people to write that ? And what can be the role of a producer on something of that scale ? I mean isn't McIntosh merely sratching his balls for money at that  point ? And the second graphics designer, where is his work ? The same assets have been used since day one !

Quote from: Travis Retriever on March 31, 2015, 01:32:45 AM

No, he did NOT refute anything.  He merely asserted fallacies without explaining why.  Nor were the goalposts moved.  Ever. The point was explained above.  It has not changed.
NOTHING in Hawkeye's post was a strawman.  That's what statists say.  That's what they ALL say.  The idea that we don't vote ergo we shouldn't complain IS something we're told time and time again.  I don't believe for a SECOND that he has argued with statists if he hasn't heard that argument from them.
Really, he reminds me of Miliant-Mike1:  both have read one too many books and debated too few statists.   And like these pillocks on the (now defunct) Mises Institute Forum who didn't know what the sodding gold standard was or how it worked. *facepalms*

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if this guy is autistic to some extent.  And I say this as a guy with Asperger's Syndrome myself.
Since he follows me on Twitter, he found these posts. :3

He responded with this:  http://ana.rchist.net/response.txt
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

April 02, 2015, 04:36:44 PM #7574 Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 04:41:03 PM by dallen68
Quote from: Travis Retriever on April 02, 2015, 02:34:07 PM
Since he follows me on Twitter, he found these posts. :3

He responded with this:  http://ana.rchist.net/response.txt

He actually makes a fair argument there. The only modification I would make would be "voting or not voting does not effect the right to complain about any specific action that an elected official makes-unless there was a specific election on every single action said elected official could conceivably take."