Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Altimadark on January 29, 2015, 08:43:08 PM
It gets dumber:

Apparently we're just too sexist to recognize it as sarcasm.

Actually, I believe it only counts as sarcasm if it makes a point, since Brianna's posts evidently don't (or rather the point is known only to Brianna), they're just untrue nonsense.

Quote from: dallen68 on January 30, 2015, 06:48:50 AM
Actually, I believe it only counts as sarcasm if it makes a point, since Brianna's posts evidently don't (or rather the point is known only to Brianna), they're just untrue nonsense.

The sarcasm doesn't even make any sense! Is she saying it's a good thing there are female Ghostbusters? Or a bad thing? Is she lampooning it? Is her target people who like the idea of female Ghostbusters, or oppose it?

Sarcasm: YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

This is what we call being a spineless bitch:

Are people still on about gamergate? *watches as the splintered and charred remains of the bridge float down the river*

Quote from: dallen68 on January 30, 2015, 08:23:11 AM
Are people still on about gamergate? *watches as the splintered and charred remains of the bridge float down the river*

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: Travis Retriever on January 30, 2015, 02:00:12 PM
Image not visible. :(

That's weird. I see it just fine. It says "Mr Bones Says: The Ride Never Ends."

Quote from: D on January 30, 2015, 02:41:40 PM

Coming up fine for me, too.  (And I know there's SOMETHING wrong with my FireFox, since I can't get the audio player to come up for the podcast.)

Quote from: D on January 30, 2015, 02:41:40 PM
I see it when I copy/paste the url into the address box.  Cool.

In other news:  http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/29/7932653/fcc-changed-definition-broadband-25mbps
I'm reminded of an onion video where they simply changed the definition of obese to be much fatter and it was considered doing something about the obesity problem...
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: evensgrey on January 30, 2015, 03:11:38 PM
Coming up fine for me, too.  (And I know there's SOMETHING wrong with my FireFox, since I can't get the audio player to come up for the podcast.)

On the podcast page or the forum page?

Quote from: Travis Retriever on January 30, 2015, 03:48:01 PM
In other news:  http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/29/7932653/fcc-changed-definition-broadband-25mbps
I'm reminded of an onion video where they simply changed the definition of obese to be much fatter and it was considered doing something about the obesity problem...

Like what they did in the real world with school test scores?

Quote from: Travis Retriever on January 30, 2015, 03:48:01 PM
I see it when I copy/paste the url into the address box.  Cool.

It will mostly impact how ISP's can market their products to consumers. Especially DSL carriers, although most cable providers I'm aware of wouldn't meet the new standard either. Basically, this will make it so if you don't have FiOS, or something similar, you can't call it broadband.

This is an area where I believe we'd be better off if companies in the related industries got together and agreed "This is what these terms mean", than have a gov't agency tell the industry what the terms mean. If I was defining it "broadband" would mean a system capable of delivering withing the top 20% of possible speeds at that time, mid-band would be 21%-50, low would be 50-20, and budget would be below 19.

I also think they're a little high on the number of people that get broadband at the new level.

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 30, 2015, 04:04:11 PM
On the podcast page or the forum page?

Forum page.  I normally listen to it on YouTube, isnce it comes up in my subscription page anyway.

Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

Quote from: ArtemisVale on January 30, 2015, 05:41:42 PM
http://www.salon.com/2015/01/29/nightmare_libertarian_project_turns_country_into_the_murder_capital_of_the_world/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Shocking! So much violence afer implementing the libertarian ideal of a militarized police force.

Mm-kay, I didn't see anything in that article -other than the title- that suggested anything libertarian...