Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
God damn. First fucking day and we may already have an Idiot of the Year

Quote from: D on January 01, 2015, 05:50:08 PM
God damn. First fucking day and we may already have an Idiot of the Year

"The world is like 2014 years old". No, I invented it last Turdas. And then I cast a mass illusion spell to make everyone think there was 50,000 years worth of civilization. Except those I made think there was 6,000 years worth of civilization. Except those among those....

Back to the Shivering Isles, the stupid on your planet is to much.

Quote from: dallen68 on January 01, 2015, 10:44:16 PM
"The world is like 2014 years old". No, I invented it last Turdas. And then I cast a mass illusion spell to make everyone think there was 50,000 years worth of civilization. Except those I made think there was 6,000 years worth of civilization. Except those among those....

Back to the Shivering Isles, the stupid on your planet is to much.

And not one word about "Pray to the Presidents"???

https://www.facebook.com/huginnsheathenhof/photos/a.298193070330495.1073741832.287819511367851/294752770674525/?type=1
Gotta love liberal furries.
I honestly don't see the problem here...in either one.
Like...at all.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

I would say that the key word there is "trying"--but freak it! The Christmas Tree does a better job of trying to be a Christmas special than Krugman does trying to be a rational economist. Burn!

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Quote from: Travis Retriever on January 01, 2015, 03:23:35 PM
Because apparently feels and triggers matter more than objective crime, etc.  Yeah.  #SorryNotSorry

That's not what he said at all.  He said that the store owners are just making the best of an immoral situation.  The state is ultimately responsible for it but what are they supposed to do about it?  They DO have families to feed too remember.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on January 02, 2015, 06:11:48 PM
That's not what he said at all.  He said that the store owners are just making the best of an immoral situation.  The state is ultimately responsible for it but what are they supposed to do about it?  They DO have families to feed too remember.

Unless they lobbied for the tax. Then fuck 'em.

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on January 02, 2015, 06:11:48 PM

So does the guy selling loosies. What's the point?

Also, let's not act like a guy selling loose cigs for barely anything is somehow taking food out of their mouths. Have you met the kind of people that buy loosies? They're the type of people who wouldn't have been able to get a whole pack of cigarettes at the time so the stores still wouldn't be getting that money. In reality, they're not losing anything and the people who are buying the cheaper loose cigarettes are getting what they want. The store owners will still make money selling the packs of cigarettes.

Also, how come we get pissed when a kid has his lemonade stand shut down for not having a license and paying taxes but suddenly excuses are made when we have this particular subject? After all, stores that sell lemonade have families to feed and kids selling lemonade must be getting in on their turf right?

Quote from: D on January 02, 2015, 07:27:47 PM
Also, how come we get pissed when a kid has his lemonade stand shut down for not having a license and paying taxes but suddenly excuses are made when we have this particular subject? After all, stores that sell lemonade have families to feed and kids selling lemonade must be getting in on their turf right?

Because they weren't eating off anyone's plate.  That was just some busybody with an axe to grind.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on January 02, 2015, 08:41:25 PM
Because they weren't eating off anyone's plate.  That was just some busybody with an axe to grind.

Oh come on. Garner was eating off of someone else's plate to the same extent a kid selling lemonade on the corner is. The only difference is Garner was killed for it.

There is the kid whose family was made homeless when they shut down his hotdog stand.

Quote from: D on January 02, 2015, 08:57:22 PM
Oh come on. Garner was eating off of someone else's plate to the same extent a kid selling lemonade on the corner is. The only difference is Garner was killed for it.

No, he was killed by medical complications that arose after being taken down for resisting arrest.

And we DID get pissed about Garner's death.  But the fact remains, he knew he was provoking a dangerous and violent group by his actions and he did it anyway.  Like I said elsewhere, if I flip off a biker gang, do I "deserve" to get the shit beat out of me?  Well it's likely to happen, whether I deserve it is really quite irrelevant.
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on January 02, 2015, 10:12:47 PM
No, he was killed by medical complications that arose after being taken down for resisting arrest.

Yeah, complications that never would have happened if they never touched him and never bothered him. Point still stands that they killed him. They instigated those complications.

QuoteAnd we DID get pissed about Garner's death.  But the fact remains, he knew he was provoking a dangerous and violent group by his actions and he did it anyway.  Like I said elsewhere, if I flip off a biker gang, do I "deserve" to get the shit beat out of me?  Well it's likely to happen, whether I deserve it is really quite irrelevant.

>And we DID get pissed about Garner's death

And then they started making excuses as to why Garner somehow got what he had coming. The fact is, he didn't deserve that because he did nothing wrong. He was acting in peaceful trade that hurt NO ONE. People can make all the excuses they want, but the fact is, the loose cigarettes he was selling did not "take the food off of their plates." All the arguments against Garner hurting those business could be said about people selling used games. What Garner does with his own cigarettes is his own business.

Quote from: D on January 02, 2015, 11:03:54 PMAnd then they started making excuses as to why Garner somehow got what he had coming. The fact is, he didn't deserve that because he did nothing wrong. He was acting in peaceful trade that hurt NO ONE. People can make all the excuses they want, but the fact is, the loose cigarettes he was selling did not "take the food off of their plates." All the arguments against Garner hurting those business could be said about people selling used games. What Garner does with his own cigarettes is his own business.

The point that needs to be taken from all of this is, THIS is government. No matter how peaceful you think your government policy is, no matter how much you think it's "fair," this is the face of it. Eric Garner was killed because of taxation, plain and simple. Those who deny that taxation is force have nowhere to go now. The cops are directly responsible for his death, and EVERY government entity charged with reviewing the situation says that they acted properly. This wasn't rogue cops, this wasn't a mistake, this wasn't the system being corrupt. This is what the system IS.

Anything else is a distraction from that vital point.