Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
>this fucking guy

Okay, so, I'm not going to quote everything he said, you can just read my response to him, but everything in quotes is just beyond fail.

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on August 04, 2014, 03:30:48 PM
So, my mother is watching The Doctors are they are seriously pulling the "Why aren't chemicals banned abroad banned in the US?" Malarkey.

We were talking about that before the podcast. I hadn't seen it before, and the first time I watched it it seemed pretty good. But the next time I saw them do the "food is addictive because it creates dopamine" crap (don't they have a neurologist they can ask about things like this?), and then they had a lady doing a psychic diagnosis, which of course they went all ga-ga over like it totally worked, when in each and every case THEY had to tell HER what the diagnosis was!

Quote from: D on August 05, 2014, 08:06:17 AM
>this fucking guy

Okay, so, I'm not going to quote everything he said, you can just read my response to him, but everything in quotes is just beyond fail.

At least other people in the thread think he's off his rocker so I'd say a job well done D.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 05, 2014, 08:45:48 AM
We were talking about that before the podcast. I hadn't seen it before, and the first time I watched it it seemed pretty good. But the next time I saw them do the "food is addictive because it creates dopamine" crap (don't they have a neurologist they can ask about things like this?), and then they had a lady doing a psychic diagnosis, which of course they went all ga-ga over like it totally worked, when in each and every case THEY had to tell HER what the diagnosis was!
Do you yell at the screen too?
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on August 05, 2014, 03:17:17 PM
Do you yell at the screen too?
I was too busy explaining it to my fiancee. It was a good performance and so easy to be taken in.

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 05, 2014, 08:45:48 AM

IIRC, Dr. Oz IS a neurologist, one of the best in the country if you believe his PR. Or at least he was before Oprah.

Quote from: Altimadark on July 27, 2014, 02:52:30 AM
So it seems this Halbig case is big news, though I can't help but think it's going to end with regular people getting screwed over somehow. Anyway!

[yt]lWBf1WL-l1M[/yt]

Another video, another roll of fail comments, this time by one Eero Haapala. Making it brief, here's the (current) end of the conversation:

Eero Haapala
When it comes to healthcare, government involvement works. Canada is an example.

Altimadark
Canada's excessive wait times and the government dismantling of mutual aid societies not withstanding, you yourself admitted corporatism is a problem in US healthcare, and you also agreed that corporatism requires government involvement.

So after a while, Eero just stopped. I thought he gave up, but nine days later, he finally responded. As a reminder, we were specifically talking about healthcare.

Eero Haapala
[The healthcare industry is] about a 50/50 mix of private & public in the United States. I never implied the NHS is without flaws but I see no problem with them charging people from other countries for healthcare, that's simple regulation. 
American politics is Orwellian. "FreedomWorks" = healthcare only for the rich. "Free Trade" & "Right to Work" = Outsourcing. "Freedom Industries" = poisoned water for 300,000 West Virginians. "Open for Business" = last year's West Texas fertilizer explosion that killed 15. "2nd Amendment" = leading the world with 25,000+ deadly shootings every year due to having the most guns in the world. "Liberation" = 100,000+ dead Iraqi civilians & 4,489 dead American soldiers. "Pro-life" = 500+ Rick Perry executions & Southern big government imposing trans-vaginal ultrasounds.

Real "Freedom!!!" is universal healthcare, universal education, universal daycare, nationalized energy industries, largely sustainable energy, 1 month of paid vacation time per law & world-leading gender equality In Norway, Sweden, Denmark & Finland.

Gog. Like a fool, I responded to each and every one of his points, and then, if that first response wasn't enough of a non-sequitur, this exchange occurs:

Altimadark
I agree with you on [the points I bolded]. These are also arguments against govt involvement.

American politics is Orwellian because politicians lie. Republicans claim to hate "spending" and be for "small government" but: - 7 trillion dollar Iraq War
-Hobby Lobby ruling is big government getting between a woman and her doctor
-GOP governors imposing solar taxes on consumers (bough & paid for by the oil & gas industry)
-Texas, Missouri & Oklahoma Republicans executing citizens is literally as BIG as government can get. 

Again, I agree with you on [these points]. Again, you are making arguments against govt involvement while claiming to be for it.

Look man, government should not be involved in regulating women's bodies (Hobby Lobby), banning drugs & banning happy consensual adults from marriage.

And I still agree with you on those points. Why do you keep bringing them up?

And I won't hide the fact that there was more to this conversation, but I have to wonder why he feels the need to continue to argue for things I agree with him on.
Failing to clean up my own mistakes since the early 80s.

"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on August 06, 2014, 04:33:27 PM

why were they dumping it into the lake?

what about the need to grow crops?

so many questions...
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on August 06, 2014, 04:36:54 PM
why were they dumping it into the lake?

what about the need to grow crops?

so many questions...
And more importantly, who lets them get away with it in the first place? Passing *more* regulation doesn't do dick about the actual problems.  It's just feel good legislation.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/3136/

QuoteStarting today, Twitch will be implementing technology intended to help broadcasters avoid the storage of videos containing unauthorized third-party audio.  We respect the rights of copyright owners, and are voluntarily undertaking this effort to help protect both our broadcasters and copyright owners.

What Is Audio Recognition?

We've partnered with Audible Magic, which works closely with the recorded music industry, to scan past and future VODs for music owned or controlled by clients of Audible Magic. This includes in-game and ambient music. When music in the Audible Magic database is detected ("Flagged Content"), the affected portion of the VOD will be muted and volume controls for that VOD will be turned off. Additionally, past broadcasts and highlights with Flagged Content are exportable but will remain muted.

The Audible Magic technology will scan for third party music in 30 minute blocks — if Audible Magic does not detect its clients' music, that portion of the VOD will not be muted. If third party audio is detected anywhere in the 30-minute scanned block, the entire 30 minutes will be muted.

Well I knew this would happen since the Google buyout

There's a joke from employees of Military contractors that build missiles:

"You build targets, we build the stuff that blows them up."

Here's the retort:

"If weren't for 'targets', you wouldn't be building missiles in the first place."
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

Really, Being Liberal?!? The race card again.
Seriously, fuck these people.
Lao Tzu

Quote from: tnu on August 07, 2014, 04:51:47 AM

So slavery is legit? Good to see you admitted it, OP.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537