Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: AnCapBrony on June 08, 2013, 06:54:49 PM
http://www.cracked.com/video_18584_what-youE28099d-really-do-if-all-law-was-suspended-day.html
I only lasted about 2 1/2 minutes in that. Just more of the same tired old "well if we don't have laws, we can get away with anything without any repercussions" bullshit.  I stopped watching when Swaim said, "and there would be no oversight, so I could just doodle for a map and sell it!"
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Here's one that needs to be in this thread:  "There ought/needs to be a law!" -- statist clowns
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: MrBogosity on March 16, 2012, 07:00:54 AM
More political dogmatism disguised as rationality:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/article.aspx?subjectid=65&articleid=20120315_65_A23_CUTLIN428086

Some highlights:

Right, because there aren't any such organizations as UL, ISO, school accreditation organizations, or other organizations that certify these things.

Circular reasoning.

Not to mention a textbook broken window fallacy.

Quote from: D on June 09, 2013, 07:56:39 AM

I seem to remember public employees doing it a few times. Of course 2008 was so long ago. That's why no one remembers Obama's promises.

"Libertarianism is a narrow, immature, barbaric political philosophy, which, although alluring in certain ways, will never be a reasonable avenue for a nation. The premise that its tenets could could be applied in any sort of comprehensive way to a superpower (like, say, The United States) without resulting in disaster is an absurd distraction from logical political arguments that could only be proposed by fools, liars or psychotics.
Shared sacrifice is essential to security, prosperity, stability, equality and morality; and those who deny its virtues should be roundly ridiculed and quickly dismissed. "
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

Commenter on this page: http://shanekillian.org/sk/Question-for-Stimulus-Believing-Statists/

His crowning achievement: "The only people that don't believe in the multiplier effect are those who are too anti-social to want to pay taxes. Again, you have to pay to live in a society."

Quote from: AnCapBrony on June 09, 2013, 01:26:13 PM
Shared sacrifice is essential to security, prosperity, stability, equality and morality; and those who deny its virtues should be roundly ridiculed and quickly dismissed. "

Operative question: shared sacrifice TO WHOM?

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 09, 2013, 02:09:50 PM
Operative question: shared sacrifice TO WHOM?

I always respond that sacrifice is easy if you're the one holding the knife.

"The administration claims authority to sift through details of our private lives because the Patriot Act says that it can. I disagree. I authored the Patriot Act, and this is an abuse of that law."

Jim Sensenbrenner.

It's hilarious that Libertarians predicted these abuses would happen the second they heard of the Patriot Acts existence.

June 09, 2013, 04:01:13 PM #3491 Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:03:30 PM by Ibrahim90
Quote from: Goaticus on June 09, 2013, 02:49:48 PM
I always respond that sacrifice is easy if you're the one holding the knife.

or eating the sacrificial meat...especially if you're Aztec.

And this Sensenbrenner guy's a moron.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

June 09, 2013, 04:05:58 PM #3492 Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:08:41 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Quote from: MrBogosity on June 09, 2013, 02:09:27 PM
Commenter on this page: http://shanekillian.org/sk/Question-for-Stimulus-Believing-Statists/

His crowning achievement: "The only people that don’t believe in the multiplier effect are those who are too anti-social to want to pay taxes. Again, you have to pay to live in a society."

If they really believe it's that easy, why not just get the Fed to print an Ackermann function A(m,n) with Graham's number as the two arguments--dollars?  If overflow errors in the computers are an issue, just do what Zimbabwe did and redefine the currency (e.g. 1 quintillion dollars = 1 new dollars or whatever) as many times as needed?  Oh wait...

Courtesy of https://www.youtube.com/user/RaymondDundas/about ; his, Dumbass wall of fame:

"I'm not stupid and I do know everything."—spawktalk

"Austrian is a language."—spawktalk

"Quantum mechanics is bullshit."—spawktalk

"Libertarians and Objectivists are exactly the same thing."—kucinichgrayson2012

"So, if you're 'opposed to democracy in any way, shape and form,' what are you doing sharing your enlightened ideas on YouTube?"—darby7272

"The Nazis were not nationalists"—Wylvien

"There would be NO traffic lights in Libertopia."—billburns2

"Maths = science"—franks2732

"Ok if the Austrian school is right can you name a single economy that was built on supply rather than demand?"—MsZeitgeist85

"America has free banking because the Federal Reserve is a private bank."—erkd1

"Leftists understand emotions and what they compel others to do in a way a logical person could never understand."—TheElmoIsEvil

[yt]9ysyZF-DZFY[/yt]
What an ass..."because you stole those music videos!111" yeah, because we haven't heard that tired old bullshit before...