Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: D on December 13, 2012, 11:13:44 PM
He's a baby killer, and as such his opinion isn't valid for anything other than confirming that he's a baby killer and a moron.

That might seem harsh and out of line, but the fact that he's an anti-vaccer means that is exactly what he is and he shouldn't be taken seriously at all.

Seems what Shane says about Anti-vaccers is true.
They will accuse you of being with big pharma if you disagree with them.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Why am I not surprised that this is from "Being Liberal"?
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

This is a response from a friend of mine when I made a post on Facebook about the Non-Aggression Principle:

QuoteAggression and violence aren't the same thing. If I see a friend about to do something that's going to completely wreck their life, or even cause inconvenience, you're damn right I'm gonna be aggressive with them. They have the right to free will, and I have the right to oppose them. It has to be a moral call as to whether a line is crossed, I think. The idea that aggression is INHERENTLY illegitimate is an absolute, black-and-white stance that I just can't get behind. Thoughts?

I didn't realize other people are his property.

Quote from: D on December 14, 2012, 06:29:47 AM
This is a response from a friend of mine when I made a post on Facebook about the Non-Aggression Principle:

I didn't realize other people are his property.

The worst kind of tyrant is one who genuinely wants to help.

Quote from: tnu on December 14, 2012, 12:27:39 PM

The worst kind of tyrant is one who genuinely wants to help.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Quote from: D on December 14, 2012, 01:12:09 PM
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

That's not why the worst tyrants are those who genuinely want to help.

They're the worst because they actually think that halting their tyranny would be immoral.

Quoteheres the thing , the rich and the poor are both important , the rich invest but if theres no poor to work for you , then dafuq do your money do? the rich supply and the poor work , but this time they are actually taking care of the poor a little by calling the rich to help pay more and the poor needing to pay less , the rich will still be rich and unaffected but it will be a lot of help to the poor and lightening the burden. Hence , spreading the wealth around.

Boy, am I tired of this bogosity.
Lao Tzu

December 14, 2012, 06:50:16 PM #2557 Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:55:20 PM by D
So I point out the truth about the complete apathy of Americans when it comes to the death of children in other countries by the hands of our government and I got this wonderful strawman:
QuoteSo, D. you dont believe parents and the community should mourn over their lost because 3rd world countries children are dying because of wars?

Same children that would have been suffering and dying without any intervention either? You know because of their government and the radicals that live in those 3rd world countries?

Ever consider that it is big news because its Local news?

If something happen like this Jamaica it would be just as big news, same kind mourning and grief but I guess Jamaicans shouldnt mourn because children are dying elsewhere because thats outside our control. So where is the breaking point here? If my kid was killed me and my neighbours have to pay our respects to those elsewhere first then begin our own grief. /shrug

D. I enjoy your posts but sometimes you got to put aside your views just 1 time and pay some respects.

And even more fail:

QuoteYour entire pretense is a strawman.

Because America isn't the only country guilty of that. In fact even the very countries don't treat it as a tragedy.

You are also under the assumption that people and not the media don't feel bad about it.

I wont even address the US military killing kids part, because A) I seen this first hand not read about it in the news and b) While US government is guilty of a lot of things I could agree to however the government of the very same country is twice as guilty.

and here we go with Fail Quotes again. THis time from a user by the name of EN

Quotetnu, if single payer healthcare worked well (whatever your definition of well is), would you still be opposed to it?

I responded thusly.

Would you be able to implement and maintain it through strictly voluntary means? Without the threat of force and without creating a state monopoly?

He responded as such

f
Quoterom my (limited) understanding of single-payer helathcare, the medical care is funded from a single insurance pool that is run by the state. the services can be provided by private companies, but the payment is done by the state. so to answer your question, no.

but i'm still interested in my question - if it worked well, would you end up supporting it, even if it goes against some of your political beliefs?

and finally I siad.

From what you've told me and what I've heard from my Canadian friend {{Hawkeye}} (who has absolutely no love for the system). The claim that it is the best of all possible options is something I find dubious at best. I've yet to see a truly convincing argument that it works from a practical stand point or a moral standpoint.

Not sure how much these qualify as fail quotes but I figured I'd post them here to see what the board thinks.

John Layfield, former pro-wrestler now financial analyst for Fox News decided to promote the idea of gun control with this piece of fail:

QuoteI agree Americans have a constitutional right to own guns-'The Right to Bear Arms' is a protected right. However, we can't own nuclear weapons or chemical weapons, so there is a limit. The question is where that limit is.

The guy in China used a knife to cut 22 kids this week, the murderer in Connecticut used a gun. Evil people do evil things and there is no way to stop it. However, look at the differences in murders by handguns per country.

The NRA lobbies up to $200 million a year to buy off our crooked politicians to protect their money making ventures. All of this is legal. I don't fault the NRA, I fault the politicians who can be bought off and the system we have that allows lobbying.

Pres Obama got accused of being anti gun by Gov Romney, that is not true. Pres Obama has NO gun policy, good or bad. For that matter neither did the flip flopper Romney who had said he was against the NRA before he said he was for it.

After Columbine we said it was too early to discuss guns, after Denver we said it was too early, every time this happens we say it is too early. I hate what happened and I feel pain for these families of the innocent who died for no reason. We must not use this as a political event for any reason, however, we need to discuss how to best prevent this from happening.

We need to outlaw assault weapons, and if assault weapons are found-the person that sold them or made them should be prosecuted. The ability to make an automatic weapon into a semi automatic should also be banned, again punish the manufacturer or seller.

I believe handguns at best have to be registered. Shotguns are the best home defense weapon, not pistols. If you want to own 1,000 shotgun or rifles it is fine with me, I still think these should be registered and a background check should be done.

Robberies are not done , generally, by shotguns as they are too large. Handguns and assault rifles are our problem, along with pistols that can be easily hidden.

We have the right to bear arms, but not all arms-the debate should now be made as to how to implement real gun laws that matter.

I mourn for the loss of our fellow Americans.

Any vitriol on comments or nasty remarks will just get you blocked, it is time we are civil to each other.

>West Germany

Why should I take this seriously when they don't even realize that Germany isn't split anymore...

Quote from: D on December 15, 2012, 01:10:03 PM

>West Germany

Why should I take this seriously when they don't even realize that Germany isn't split anymore...

It's an old image.  They haven't been called HCI since 2001.

The fail from Psyg and Temerite has to be seen to be believed.

http://gtx0.com/view.php?post=72390

Psyg apperently can't answer questions and  can't do anythign but make strawmen and implicit statements that are supposexd to be absurd. syaing that my disagreement with being robbed by the state is somehow silly bty comparing it to the absolutely rediculous notion that I owuld disagree with getting a aprking ticket. I mean how foolish of me for not wnating ot be robbed by the state for parking in a way they don't like on land that's not theirs.

Quote from: D on December 15, 2012, 01:10:03 PM

>West Germany

Not to mention the Huge cherry picking.
Lao Tzu

Nah, I can't mince words here. Fuck this guy.