Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 30, 2012, 11:58:42 AM #2400 Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:05:35 AM by VectorM
Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on October 30, 2012, 11:45:34 AM
If I have to hear about how great Canada is from liberals, my head might explode.
No offense from those from Canada.

Tell them Canada is more capitalist than the U.S. and then show them this: http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

Then make your best trollface.

Quote from: VectorM on October 30, 2012, 11:58:42 AM
Tell them Canada is more capitalist han the U.S. and then show them this: http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

Then make your best trollface.

I keep getting into arguments about the healthcare system.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on October 30, 2012, 12:49:20 PM

Well, just in Ontario, we have more than 300000 more people enrolled in the government health services payment scam than actually live here.  This is a rather typical problem.

Getting any actual health care is rather a chore.  First, you need to get yourself a doctor, and there aren't any.  They will probably say that you can go to the emergency room or a walk-in clinic, which is true...provided they aren't closed for lack of doctors.  We have similar problems getting enough nurses.  The provincial governments are in total control of medical funding, and the training of new doctors and nurses, so the provinces are responsible for the debacle, however you decide it came about.

Quote from: evensgrey on October 30, 2012, 02:36:20 PM
First, you need to get yourself a doctor, and there aren't any.  They will probably say that you can go to the emergency room or a walk-in clinic

Which is something you could just do here in the states with our corporatist system.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on October 30, 2012, 02:41:34 PM
Which is something you could just do here in the states with our corporatist system.

They will likely point out that you don't get presented with a bill or a demand for insurance info at any point in the Canadian system.

The first is merely disguised in among the taxes.  Not too well in Ontario, where we actually have a special tax that came in a couple of elections ago claimed specifically to cover medical services.

The later is completely false.  You have to present your OHIP card to get services anywhere but an emergency room, and the emergency room will want it later.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/economic-impact-hurricane-sandy-not-bad-news-150458002.html

The person who wrote this steaming pile of crap needs to have Broken Window Fallacy branded onto their forehead.

Quote from: Goaticus on October 30, 2012, 05:08:51 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/economic-impact-hurricane-sandy-not-bad-news-150458002.html

The person who wrote this steaming pile of crap needs to have Broken Window Fallacy branded onto their forehead.

Sounds like Zorg from the Fifth Element!
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: Goaticus on October 30, 2012, 05:08:51 PM

that and he's a total cunt.

I mean, people from what I understand were killed, and this arse is only concerned with the "benefits"?
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on October 31, 2012, 12:22:58 AM

I mean, people from what I understand were killed, and this arse is only concerned with the "benefits"?

I keep saying it. Sounds just like Zorg from The Fifth Element.
[yt]krcNIWPkNzA[/yt]
Eerie, right?
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on October 30, 2012, 12:49:20 PM

Canadian myself.  I have yet to see one single SINGLE election where reforming healthcare wasn't one of the top issues.

Ask them, if it's so great, why does it constantly need so much fixing?
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on October 31, 2012, 12:22:58 AM

That was actually one of the reasons I could never understand why people liked Keynes. The Economic Consequences of Peace struck me as inherently psychopathic when I read it.

I wish anti-abortion people would stop acting like we're shooting newborn babies when we say women have a right to their body.

I just want to know why they keep using a heartbeat as some kind of special signal of life (hooray, a pump is working) when there's no real brain functions to speak of.

Quote from: Goaticus on November 01, 2012, 03:45:54 AM
That was actually one of the reasons I could never understand why people liked Keynes. The Economic Consequences of Peace struck me as inherently psychopathic when I read it.

And the sick part? people believe this too. Which is why we have all these wars, and all this overspending.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: MrBogosity on November 01, 2012, 04:38:46 PM
I just want to know why they keep using a heartbeat as some kind of special signal of life (hooray, a pump is working) when there's no real brain functions to speak of.

It makes a reasonable threshold for the transition between 'alive' and 'dead' for completely developed people in most (but not all) circumstances, and they're trying to apply it in an inapplicable domain.  Religious people (of all sorts) try to do that sort of thing a lot.