Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
How many cars can one person drive at a time anyway?

What does that have to do with anything?

What it has to do with it?
Oh, let me count you the ways...

One,
two...
uh, threeee

OK, I think your bogometer's going up now.

"Dey tuk er jerbs!"--South Park
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 19, 2010, 12:30:38 PM
OK, I think your bogometer's going up now.
As it damn well should.

"Take your hair and stick it in me!"--Na'vi woman
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Okay, once again trying to lift this thread out of a puerile quagmire:

"We do not choose political freedom because it promises us this or that. We choose it because it makes possible the only dignified form of human coexistence, the only form in which we can be fully responsible for ourselves. Whether we realize its possibilities depends on all kinds of things--and above all on ourselves." --Karl Popper, "On Freedom" (1958)

"A jealous lover of human liberty, deeming it the absolute condition of all that we admire and respect in humanity, I reverse the phrase of Voltaire, and say that, if God really existed, it would be necessary to abolish him."--Mikhail Bakunin

"There is no religion of philanthropy. All dominant religions are fueled by money."--allianceofdemons

First what would probably qualify as a fail quote for the sake of context:

lynchmobb2000: "Grow up, not everyone who wants socialized medicine is a statist. Although I am a proponent of universal healthcare, I oppose a thousand things the govt does. And taxation is not theft, your presence in the country says you consent to pay your taxes when they are due.
Some problems are so big only govt can solve them. Universal healthcare is one of them."

The response made of win, with the most epic part bolded, by me, for emphasis:
QuoteSome problems are so big that only the gods on earth can solve them? Do you not see the problem with this idea?
Taxation is extortion. If the mob did the same thing, they would go to prison, so living in a arbitrary area does not give others the right to steal from you.
And yes, you are a statist if you think that the state is the only way to solve something.
I also resent this "grow up" bullshit. You are never to old to be outraged by tyranny.
--FearsEdge, on this video

[yt]8wEZwfw1Z1I[/yt]

"The only thing the demopublicans want more than to know what you're up to is
for you not to know what they're up to." --Tom Bailey (North Carolina Libertarian activist)

"Socialized Medicine:  Making medical costs vanish using the power of wishful thinking."--Lord T Hawkeye, in an AIM session.
Idea by him, refining and proofreading by me.

June 29, 2010, 10:02:56 PM #434 Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:15:45 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
"Fucking' markets, how do they work?
And I don't want to talk to a free market anarchist.
Y'all motherfuckers lying, and gettin' me pissed!"--Me, being a smart-ass.