Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Out of curiosity, what made you think that ? And, how would you say it ?

Sony seems to be doing it just fine. Microconsoles like the PSTV seem to be able to be manufactured very cheeply for the mobile market. It also probably sells to those who would otherwise be able to play a PS Vita but just want a cheeper alternative and thus wouldn't be buying a Vita regardless.

Quote from: AdeptusHereticus on April 02, 2015, 09:02:50 PM
Out of curiosity, what made you think that ? And, how would you say it ?
I guess I've heard it worded that way, "isn't it possible..." a few too many times to mean it like that. *shrugs*
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: Travis Retriever on April 02, 2015, 11:02:45 PM
I guess I've heard it worded that way, "isn't it possible..." a few too many times to mean it like that. *shrugs*

Oh I get it now ... I too have heard it used to that end before.

I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

April 05, 2015, 07:20:08 PM #4760 Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 07:34:36 PM by Travis Retriever
Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on April 05, 2015, 06:47:25 PM
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/20-stupid-feminist-questions-men-answered/

LOVE this one.
Read the questions and the responses.  My thoughts on the questions:  A bunch of horseshit gibberish showing just how removed these SJWs are from the world.

And related to that:  http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/libertarians-great-bed/
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]9Z85GQF9--s[/yt]

Scathing condemnation of Wu, Sarkesian, and company from Mercedes Carrera on their silence about what happened to Cytherea while they peddle their crap to gather money for themselves.  (And some stuff you can do to help Cytherea through this excruciating time.)

John Oliver interviews Edward Snowden (no really):

[yt]XEVlyP4_11M[/yt]

So it seems Edward Snowden isn't 100% against the NSA.  But since they were abusing their powers he leaked classified info much to his own peril.
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

In this kind of TV programms, I never knwo what to think about those random interviews on the street .. Certainly looks bad, but I always keep in mind that it's a comedy show ... The MSNBC bit on the other hand, is damning. How is that even possible ?

Anyway, When I hear about that kind of stories, I always wonder what my own government is hiding me. In particular with respect to the various military interventions of the past decade or so ... I mean, I know governments lie, that's a given, but damnit, I'm so curious about it. A government like mine is bound to have giant skeletons of its own ...

Earlier today I saw a video about "SJW Lexicon" by Sargon of Akkad.

I'd like to make my own small correction:

Mansplaining: When someone (usually male but not always) calls someone (usually female, but not always) out on their bullshit, using facts, or otherwise demonstrating why the party in the second is full of shit.

Quote from: dallen68 on April 08, 2015, 02:40:07 AM
Earlier today I saw a video about "SJW Lexicon" by Sargon of Akkad.

I'd like to make my own small correction:

Mansplaining: When someone (usually male but not always) calls someone (usually female, but not always) out on their bullshit, using facts, or otherwise demonstrating why the party in the second is full of shit.

I'm really fed up with all that shit ... Trying to make it about the gender of the person instead of the character of said person or the circumstances ... I've never been able to laugh about it. Too upsetting for me. The shear size of the pool of terms they use that way is depressing.

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on April 06, 2015, 07:22:20 PM
So it seems Edward Snowden isn't 100% against the NSA.  But since they were abusing their powers he leaked classified info much to his own peril.

Which goes to show that Snowden really is the reasonable figure in this matter.  There are potential, valid activities the NSA could be engaging in that really would make the world a safer place, but they'd much rather enact general surveillance against the US population and indulge in industrial espionage against foreign firms.

Quote from: evensgrey on April 09, 2015, 07:32:41 AM
Which goes to show that Snowden really is the reasonable figure in this matter.  There are potential, valid activities the NSA could be engaging in that really would make the world a safer place, but they'd much rather enact general surveillance against the US population and indulge in industrial espionage against foreign firms.

The issue is, the NSA has conflicting purposes. One is to secure the nation's information infrastructure, and the other is to gather foreign intelligence information. Apparently, Congress is too computer illiterate to realize how these are at odds with each other. We covered an example on the podcast a few weeks ago: a holdover from the days when encryption wasn't allowed to be exported, 20 years later was still causing security issues.

Best jim sterling impression at the end of the vid

[yt]V2DhaT8-uH0[/yt]
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart