Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Travis Retriever on May 28, 2014, 08:55:52 AM

I would be careful about this. People are going to accuse you of being heartless.

That's something you see a lot from the left. When they can't back up their positions with reason, they always turn to emotion. It's pure manipulation. Sickening.

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

[yt]9jZdMEgEG1Y[/yt]
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

Quote from: BlameThe1st on May 30, 2014, 03:51:48 PM
I would be careful about this. People are going to accuse you of being heartless.

That's something you see a lot from the left. When they can't back up their positions with reason, they always turn to emotion. It's pure manipulation. Sickening.

The difference is, I don't give a fuck. They can think of me as heartless all they like. I think politicizing the death of your son before he's even in the ground is far more heartless than anything I could ever say.

Quote from: Travis Retriever on May 28, 2014, 08:55:52 AM

assault weapons have been banned in my state since 1989 and further more since 1999. ANd Like dave said it is #1 according the brady campaign. What more can you fricken want?!

Quote from: BlameThe1st on May 30, 2014, 03:51:48 PM
I see it from the right, especially the religious right and especially from creationists and from the warhawks too.  So it's not just a leftist issue--it's a dogma issue.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Inspired by all the talk of shootings, I figured I'd post this here (accidentally posted in fail quotes before, derp).
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/11856440/
Quoted for truth.  My only complaint is they didn't put California on that list at the end. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: Travis Retriever on May 31, 2014, 01:54:41 PM
Inspired by all the talk of shootings, I figured I'd post this here (accidentally posted in fail quotes before, derp).
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/11856440/
Quoted for truth.  My only complaint is they didn't put California on that list at the end. :)

I wish that sign were real...

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 31, 2014, 02:31:32 PM
I wish that sign were real...
You mean it's not? O_O Shame.  As that would be freakin' awesome.

Quote from: Travis Retriever on May 31, 2014, 02:44:57 PM
You mean it's not? O_O Shame.  As that would be freakin' awesome.

Yep, sorry, it's a Photoshop (and, I thought, a pretty obvious one):

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 31, 2014, 02:54:43 PM
Yep, sorry, it's a Photoshop (and, I thought, a pretty obvious one):

Awww. :( Oh well. Still kickass to begin with. X3  And yeah, in my defense, I've never used photoshop, or any image software like that so I wouldn't know. ^^;

http://travis-retriever.deviantart.com/journal/How-to-argue-for-statism-v1-1-455886990
I was quite pleased with this one. :)
I also added a few more (the one about burden of proof and the one about not getting all pissy at us).
The bit especially about burden of proof I'm glad I put, especially in light of the comments Shane keeps getting regarding the shooting in California.  Ironic they only accuse him of taking a single data point...but isn't that exactly what the pillocks freaking out about this shooting are doing? Taking one (or a few) data points and going crazy with them?

May 31, 2014, 05:04:07 PM #4061 Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 05:10:36 PM by Travis Retriever
In light of the gun control talk in the fail quotes thread, I figured this would be a nice countering cluon:
http://lordthawkeye.deviantart.com/journal/4-reasons-why-gun-laws-are-bad-ideas-348714047
:)

And while I'm at it, a classic from Dale Everett:

A fail in the comments of the above though: "To be fair, hypocritically using guns to enforce gun control would probably be more effective than… hoping a piece of paper made in 1787 can protect the people’s freedom to self-defense from an oppressive government."
>>Implying those aren't the same thing.
Hoping would be the winner because at least hope doesn't do anything.  Being a hypocrite and using violence to achieve your ends? That actually does bad.

And in the comments of Hawkeye's above posted journal, in response to a gun control nutbar, who says that corporations are the real evil:
"cor·po·ra·tion
[kawr-puh-rey-shuh n]
noun
an association of individuals, created BY LAW OR UNDER AUTHORITY OF LAW, having a continuous existence independent of the existences of its members, and powers and liabilities distinct from those of its members. See also municipal corporation, public corporation.

In other words, a legal entity created BY the government."
Because using a dictionary is not checkin' dat privilege it seems.

[yt]94zRy9zcUDI[/yt]
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox