Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 25, 2014, 05:34:13 PM #3930 Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 05:39:17 PM by Ibrahim90
[yt]xQBXQxunVaY[/yt]

I approve or Uruguay's move here. however, I'm still worried about how people are perceiving the issue.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

April 26, 2014, 03:55:16 PM #3931 Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:37:26 PM by Travis Retriever
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

April 26, 2014, 11:46:10 PM #3933 Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:52:40 PM by Lord T Hawkeye
https://www.facebook.com/ItsJustTheAndrew/posts/10154051121320237?comment_id=10154054714720237&offset=0&total_comments=17&notif_t=share_reply

So now this is the strategy they're going with.  Bundy is supposedly a racist so that makes it okay to threaten his family, shoot his cattle and try to steal his land.

And get a load of the gas bag I have a little scuffle with in the comments.  Neo-libertarian?  Can you say "I saw it posted once and thought it would make me look smart"?

(apologies, this was supposed to go in fail quote)
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

http://www.cracked.com/article_21101_5-shocking-human-rights-abuses-you-dont-expect-to-see-today.html
And yet these are the same governments people expect to free them/protect them from bigots/racists/etc? Those gullible infants.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

As told by megatron's sister.

[yt]a0nsKBx77EQ[/yt]
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

Quote from: Travis Retriever on May 01, 2014, 10:09:13 AM
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-complaints-about-modern-teens-that-are-statistically-bs/
True.  That.

Pretty much the same thing the previous generation said about mine when we were teens. #3 I think is universal through time.

from the ancapbrony page at fb. Commies be hating and this guy puts them down.

QuoteWhoa, whoa, whoa, 何もない用事. That's a 15 yard personal foul.

"You continue to laugh at all the people who enhance your wealth for the sake of getting by."?!

"Enhance wealth"? You cannot create wealth without benefitting other people. Every voluntary transaction takes place because BOTH sides benefit. Otherwise, the transaction wouldn't have taken place. People will not voluntarily take part in a transaction they believe to be harmful.

For example, if I have money but no food, I will benefit from trading my money for food. And the farmer who has food will benefit from trading his food for my money. We have both benefitted. It's not a one way road.

But then along comes a class baiter and all they see is money. They ignore the fact that food was traded to get that money. Yes, that food might be gone now, having been eaten. But it provided a benefit nonetheless.

And whether the farmer decides to save the money for the future, or spend it, it's the same decision his customer makes when they decide to save the food or eat it.

So when someone complains about the wealth that farmer saved up, they are forgetting about the other side of the transactions in which the farmer gave away food. The farmer has "enhanced" the wealth of his customer just as much as the customer has enhanced the wealth of the farmer.

P.S. Nobody masturbates to Rothbard. We prefer Ayn Rand. She is seriously hot.

Quotehen why do they work in menial jobs or shithole factories? Because it BENEFITS them more than sitting at home and not working. And in the process they make money and gain experience. Those are both benefits to THEM, even though you believe they aren't. Did you know that poverty in Asia has fallen something like 90% since the 1970s? The reason it has fallen is because globalization has created hundreds of millions of jobs. YOU might not like these jobs, but trust me, for millions of people they're a godsend. Because before globalization, people were starving. Now they're not. So put yourself in someone else's shoes before you decide to tell them what's best for them and their families.
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

"I wish being stupid was painful."--an internet meme/post Hawkeye once found

Quote from: Travis Retriever on May 02, 2014, 06:29:33 PM
"I wish being stupid was painful."--an internet meme/post Hawkeye once found

It used to not just be painful, but frequently fatal.  Now it generally requires particularly extreme forms to be fatal.

A video reviewer that doesn't swear and have very cool insight and knowledge about what he's talking about and its not Extra Credits or Game theory what madness is this 

[yt]svvyZnSuMY0[/yt]

May 03, 2014, 11:08:58 AM #3944 Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:36:54 AM by Travis Retriever
"Statistical tests form the basis of all scientific results. If you have no knowledge of statistics, you can’t properly interpret research. Statistical illiteracy is the 21st century’s equivalent of the inability to read and write."--Menno Henselmans, source here: http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/powerful-stats/ for full context.