Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BogosityForumUser on March 07, 2014, 11:50:50 AM
A couple different students brought this debate to my attention and I thought I would pass it along.  This shows the constant danger I warn them about every year: just because you are good at philosophy, doesn't mean that you are good at the intersecting disciplines.  Sadly, I think Craig fell to that hubris.  His idea to use the A Theory of time to prove God's existence took the philosophical and theological schools by storm.  Too bad he took those ideas and took to attacking physics and then to the Internet to preserve his ego, rather than face the criticism of his arguments within the field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07QUPuZg05I

it's like watching a soldier who is making a good run from the battlefield, and you start to feel that he's entitled to his success, and then, just as he's about to be outside gunfire range, down he goes....
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

[yt]64Odwerv2_k[/yt]

March 13, 2014, 07:00:29 AM #3753 Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 07:05:32 AM by tnu
[yt]z-sdO6pwVHQ[/yt]

[yt]xG6K5hbPJKs[/yt]

Quote from: BlameThe1st on March 11, 2014, 03:33:16 PM

Reminds me of a good one I just thought up:

"Social Justice Warriors are the living, breathing, and ideological embodiment of First World Problems at best, and full on racial cleansers at worst."--Me

Note that since the latter is based on the "milk = white privilege" post bogosity & the "men must be mass murdered" insanity from many feminists (even ones in university with tenure IIRC), and thus does not violate the forum rules for defamation (libel/slander) or false accusations of bigotry/racism. :P
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

March 13, 2014, 04:19:29 PM #3755 Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:19:53 AM by Travis Retriever
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]1k4UeZmrwRQ[/yt]

Straight to the point, no filler, no nonsense, and very well written and presented. :)

March 15, 2014, 04:20:23 PM #3757 Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:13:08 PM by Travis Retriever
http://evidencemag.com/calories-count/

And all their other articles on this subject--and other subjects as well.

The 1st Law of Thermodynamics:  1
People who keep making bogus excuses like the ones refuted in that article:  0

I can’t be the only person that is disgusted by those hawking Myth #5. Do they honestly not see what massive “F*CK YOU FAKER LULZ!”/sh*t on the graves that is to anyone who has ever starved to death?

Myth #10–Glad to see a rebuttal of that one. :) It’s one Hawkeye kept throwing at me. His response to me? “So crash dieting works?”/”So what doesn’t crash dieting work?” In response to the idea that you need to be in a Caloric Deficit to lose weight, and him saying that, “No you can’t eat less, you’ll be hungry! That’s why dieting can’t work! You have to move your body instead!”  Because clearly someone who's never tried/had to lose weight in his life and has clearly never researched it knows what he's talking about.

Ran across this UK documentary on China:

[yt]HUSjMnmS5lI[/yt]

It has some fail in it (specifically, claiming that the Chinese need to save less and spend more to balance their economy, instead of the entire problem being that the governments are running almost everything, and the bits it doesn't control are running wild because of government policies).

Quote from: Skm1091 on March 16, 2014, 12:38:12 PM

so that's how Hindus and Sikhs pray...always wanted to know.

"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on March 17, 2014, 02:32:51 AM
so that's how Hindus and Sikhs pray...always wanted to know.

I guess this stance is universal :shrug:

I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

Glenn Beck deserves credit for this one. I might not be a brony, in fact I think the whole thing is a little weird, but that doesn't matter. No one has the right to bully others because they don't like what someone else likes.

"We are having a moment of solidarity for a kid who had the balls to be different."

[yt]D9nocjmBwgI[/yt]

Quote from: D on March 17, 2014, 06:40:26 PM
I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

Glenn Beck deserves credit for this one. I might not be a brony, in fact I think the whole thing is a little weird, but that doesn't matter. No one has the right to bully others because they don't like what someone else likes.

"We are having a moment of solidarity for a kid who had the balls to be different."

[yt]D9nocjmBwgI[/yt]

Ya, I lost my shit when he said a teacher just told him to put it away! WHAT THE FUCK!?!
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

[yt]BWawwAANicU[/yt]
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart