Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Skm1091 on February 19, 2014, 07:49:07 PM
[yt]3VX9f8YWSAI&feature=autoshare[/yt]

Still wondering why Hawk's female. (Hey, not judging...)

"To argue against an idea honestly, you should argue against the best arguments of the strongest advocates.  Arguing against weaker advocates proves nothing, because even the strongest idea will attract weak advocates." —Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote from: MrBogosity on February 19, 2014, 08:27:51 PM
Still wondering why Hawk's female. (Hey, not judging...)

Half are female, half are male.  I'm equal opportunity.  ^^
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

[yt]tGzOI5ySl3w#t=786[/yt]

i cant wait for this game to come out. Or i guess i can but it will be difficult.
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

[yt]rwrIkvI5Niw[/yt]

Was waiting for this. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: Palestinian Foreign Minister in 2011The United States of America's use of the veto to prevent the passage of a UN resolution condemning Israel's settlement policy confirms that it is not an honest broker, and it is no longer able to carry out its responsibilities as a sponsor of any future Palestinian - Israeli negotiations.

This first veto of the administration of President Barack Obama puts the credibility of the sponsor of the peace process in jeopardy, as this administration has chosen to stand in the face of international law and against the international consensus, which sponsored the draft resolution, thereby providing protection for the occupying power, Israel, against international condemnation of its illegal actions in settlement building on occupied Palestinian territory. ...

We see the U.S. veto as encouraging Israel to move forward in the processes of settlement and Judaizing Jerusalem, and the construction of a wall of annexation and expansion. It also provides cover for these egregious violations of international resolutions, and encourages [Israel] to continue to evade its commitment to the peace process and entitlements, and this gives them a certificate of innocence to intentionally sabotage and derail the negotiations. [We] hold the U.S. administration to be fully responsibile for the consequences and repercussions.

Accordingly, we call upon the U.S. administration, if it wishes to restore its credibility, to work to correct its decisions, and quickly take the necessary steps to correct this situation which it has committed against the Palestinian people...
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

[yt]LgHXl5LXnHs[/yt]

I nominate Robert Rubin From Mud2mmo for the silver cluon with this video

http://www.cracked.com/article_20819_5-disturbing-reasons-not-to-trust-news-from-reporter.html
Alternative title/s:  Why watching the news isn't worth it./5 Ways the government has murdered journalism.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

"I'm not a pacifist, I just don't feel I have to kill anyone to prove it." —R. Lee Wrights

before you ask, no this deosn't belong on fail quotes. you'll see why ;)

[yt]NbNFJK1ZpVg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/yt]
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

"The idea that the State is capable of solving social problems is now viewed with great skepticism – which foretells a coming change. As soon as skepticism is applied to the State, the State falls, since it fails at everything except increasing its power, and so can only survive on propaganda, which relies on unquestioning faith" -- Stefan Molyneux

Quote from: MrBogosity on February 21, 2014, 08:45:29 PM
"I'm not a pacifist, I just don't feel I have to kill anyone to prove it." —R. Lee Wrights
ZING! :)

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.