Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
[yt]7MstyFwhLy4[/yt]
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

February 16, 2014, 10:23:03 AM #3676 Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:42:42 AM by Travis Retriever
Quote from: eHarmony of all placesYour man loves you – and doesn’t want to hear certain things from you.

To keep your happy, healthy relationship healthy and happy, stay away from the following phrases. Here are ten things women should never say to their men:

1. “Man up.” This emasculating phrase is never, ever appropriate. He is a man. If he’s not meeting your expectations, learn to communicate this clearly and without insult.

2. “We need to talk.” Yes, you should talk to your man. No, you should not warn him that you need to talk about something yet-to-be-described that will likely be uncomfortable. This phrase is the most likely to shift him into defensive mode. Try a more loving approach and you will surely get better results.

3. “Size doesn’t matter.” If size doesn’t matter, don’t talk about size.

4. “Is she prettier than me?” Related: “Do I look fat in this?” If the question you’re asking him has only one acceptable answer – and if a too-long pause in responding will only feed your insecurities – just trust that his answer would have been the right one and don’t bother to ask it.

5. “You’re just like my ex.” Worse: “I’ve had better.” You don’t want to be compared to his exes, so don’t compare him to yours. Even if he comes out on top, it’s still an awkward comparison.

6. “Are you really that stupid?” Be careful not to use language that emasculates and belittles your guy. Treat him with respect, even when you’re angry or disappointed.

7. “Never mind. I’ll do it myself.” Don’t dismiss the offers of help from your man. A common love language is acts of service. Don’t deny him the opportunity to serve you. Sometimes it’s nice to feel needed.

8. “I can’t live without you.” Use desperate language with caution, and stay clear of phrases that sound clingy in early stages of the relationship. Let him take the lead when it comes to commitment and promises of a future together.

9. “I’m not your mother.” Worse: “I’m just like my mother.” Keep your mom(s) out of it, unless you’re actually talking about patterns learned from your respective families of origin.

10. “Nothing’s wrong.” Yes, it is. He can’t read your mind. If something’s wrong, tell him what’s wrong.

I was not expecting this kind of win from eHarmony:  https://www.eharmony.com/dating-advice/dating-tips-women/ten-things-women-should-never-say-to-their-men/

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2011/10/28/another-conservative-traditionalist-gets-it-wrong-about-men-and-women/
Another win from that place.  I don't agree with him lumping (some) MRAs into this nor saying only Betas drop out.  I don't buy that.  The guy (as far as I can tell) doesn't give a single example of an MRA who does that, so fail on that part.  Has he not seen the seething, fuming rage just calling yourself an MRA gets from feminists, white knights and betas?

I also don't buy that "getting women out of the workplace" would be a solution.  Just get rid of the bogus laws, regulations/HR bullshit and things would be much better.  Stop giving women special privileges they wouldn't otherwise get in a free society.  No need to get all petty and whiny and going in the opposite direction with government laws instead favoring men would be any better, OP.  In short, learn to see the unseen and not just the seen; just like any good economist/social scientist does.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

[yt]eO8ZU7TeKPw[/yt]

An Oldy but goody

[yt]iJ4916jJSjk[/yt]
>> 0:10
>>"BlameThe1st may have deleted but the videos are still there."
Just...what.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]AWUfLlsUI9M[/yt]
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on February 16, 2014, 07:28:25 PM
This is why I support the policy "You're not allowed access to any technology newer than the oldest idea you embrace."

You wanna turn to bronze age texts as your moral code?  Fine, but next time you cut yourself, here's your leeches.  No modern medicine, that's WAY too new fangled for you.

The so called "immorality" of homosexuality has been disproven six ways to sunday.  Get out of the damn stone ages!

Quoted for Truth and Great Justice!

Julie Borowski does it again!
[yt]rhe8yjwp6bE[/yt]

Happy valentines day!
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

[yt]8j95dVw6Kbc[/yt]

YES! So glad to hear someone who knows what he's talking about on net neutrality. :)

[yt]bPReWYtd_2U[/yt]

[yt]a4JGNFEFX6k[/yt]

:)

Quote from: D on February 18, 2014, 09:10:20 PM
[yt]bPReWYtd_2U[/yt]

Love that video! Bigotry and genocide don't stop being bigotry and genocide just because you're talking about another species.

Quote from: MrBogosity on February 19, 2014, 08:39:34 AM
Love that video! Bigotry and genocide don't stop being bigotry and genocide just because you're talking about another species.
Indeed.  He just earned his 43rd cluon. :)

[yt]3VX9f8YWSAI&feature=autoshare[/yt]

Quote from: Skm1091 on February 19, 2014, 07:49:07 PM
[yt]3VX9f8YWSAI&feature=autoshare[/yt]
Shit.  Beat me to it.