Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 13, 2014, 05:41:03 PM #3660 Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:31:00 PM by Travis Retriever
[yt]uqH_Y1TupoQ[/yt]
This explains so much...

And of course "Anarchy!" Cue the Anarchy Boogey man:  http://anarchyinyourhead.com/2008/03/21/the-anarchy-boogey-man/
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

[yt]SY20NPp1yjQ[/yt]

A youtuber Razorfist hits it out the park on the failure of Gaming Journalism

[yt]dslkuWKrJPU[/yt]
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

My economics professor (and everyone else who doesn't like but still watches the News):  "But Travis, if you don't watch the news, how will you be/stay informed?"
Me:  "Better a head that's empty, than one that's full of shit."

Okay, I didn't REALLY say that to his/their face (nor would I), but still, it was too awesome NOT to include here.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: Travis Retriever on February 14, 2014, 09:08:48 AM
My economics professor (and everyone else who doesn't like but still watches the News):  "But Travis, if you don't watch the news, how will you be/stay informed?"
Me:  "Better a head that's empty, than one that's full of shit."

Okay, I didn't REALLY say that to his/their face (nor would I), but still, it was too awesome NOT to include here.

last night my management professor was talking about ethics and going on about how bad walmart employees are treated and afterwards i wanted to say "Well sure its bad but at least walmart isn't drone bombing weddings or spending its employees pensions and footing us with the bill."
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

http://www.cracked.com/article_20999_5-terrifying-ways-being-in-love-chemically-impairs-you.html
Posted in fav quotes because it's so damn fascinating.
#5 might also explain:  fanboys/fangirls, and why women are also often attracted to douchebags.  If they take his positive qualities (muscles, assertiveness/not being a wimp and being rich) and stretch to the rest of him.  I don't buy the "they have no control over it" deal though, sorry.

Quote from: Dukect45 on February 13, 2014, 07:12:20 PM
[yt]SY20NPp1yjQ[/yt]

A youtuber Razorfist hits it out the park on the failure of Gaming Journalism

This is the same guy who doesn't actually play the games he reviews. Or at least that's what he use to do. He is every bit of a scumbag as the people he critisizes, more even.

"Yet the test should be so simple: just listen to any prophet and if you hear him speak of sacrifice--run. Run faster than from a plague. It stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there's someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And (he) intends to be the master. But if you ever hear a man telling you that you must be happy, that its your natural right, that your first duty is to yourself; that will be the man who has nothing to gain from you. But let him come and you'll scream your empty heads off, howling that he's a selfish monster. So the racket is safe for many, many centuries."--Ayn Rand, in one of her more lucid moments, in this video's description.

"It doesn't surprise me that somebody who is so muddled in their thinking, and is so afraid of the irrational, would give magic powers to words. Guess what? It's four letters, it's phonemes, they don't have any magical powers; it's a way of expressing an exclamation mark...I was exclaiming that this is absurd for you to call in and do this—to call in and pretend like you're going to defend your beliefs, and then when they're challenged directly to a point that you can't defend them, you cry that your feelings got hurt because somebody used a word that was scary. It's no wonder that you are still stuck in this mindset of being afraid of fantasy if one little word sends you screaming off, 'Ooh, the poor atheists, they're beating up on me and they're saying offensive things!'" —Matt Dillahunty

Applies to the Social Justice Warrior shitstains, as well as it does the religious/statist fucktards.

Quote from: Travis Retriever on February 14, 2014, 01:34:57 PM
"It doesn't surprise me that somebody who is so muddled in their thinking, and is so afraid of the irrational, would give magic powers to words. Guess what? It's four letters, it's phonemes, they don't have any magical powers; it's a way of expressing an exclamation mark...I was exclaiming that this is absurd for you to call in and do this—to call in and pretend like you're going to defend your beliefs, and then when they're challenged directly to a point that you can't defend them, you cry that your feelings got hurt because somebody used a word that was scary. It's no wonder that you are still stuck in this mindset of being afraid of fantasy if one little word sends you screaming off, 'Ooh, the poor atheists, they're beating up on me and they're saying offensive things!'" —Matt Dillahunty

Applies to the Social Justice Warrior shitstains, as well as it does the religious/statist fucktards.

If you do a search on it, the video it's from is (way) earlier in this topic.

Quote from: MrBogosity on February 14, 2014, 01:37:26 PM
If you do a search on it, the video it's from is (way) earlier in this topic.
Shit.  My bad. >.<  In my defense, at least I had something to add to it. >.>

Quote from: Travis Retriever on February 14, 2014, 01:39:36 PM
Shit.  My bad. >.<  In my defense, at least I had something to add to it. >.>

No problem; it's good to repost the best of the best after 245 pages...

February 14, 2014, 01:52:18 PM #3672 Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:56:07 PM by Travis Retriever
Quote from: MrBogosity on February 14, 2014, 01:41:44 PM
No problem; it's good to repost the best of the best after 245 pages...
Reminds me of your post to Waddy Mutters.  Why is it that these guys can see that a reduction in income of, say 5$/hour would hurt someone on minimum wage financially much more than someone making 200$/hour, yet can't use the exact same logic to a company/businessman in the same comparative boat?

And while I'm talking about that video's comments: "How about 'someone whose work speed is 1/5th that of someone earning $10 an hour.'"--hughtub

"And with what cost does he purchase this increased threat of crime and violence? The sacrifice of his own liberty. For all of mankind's experience speaks to the fact that by far the single most common aggressor against the rights of mankind is, and always will be, states. In the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson expressed the concept that states exist for the purpose of securing our rights. Yet, what a misguided notion! To see how misguided this notion is, one merely needs to read the so-called Bill of Rights to the Constitution. This document attempts to secure for all Americans the rights to freedom of speech, freedom of worship, freedom of the press, freedom to peaceably assemble, freedom to bear arms, security against having the military quartered in my home, security against unreasonable searches and seizures, and security against unfair judicial proceedings. But who is it that threatens these rights if it is not states? The argument is, therefore, circular: I need a state to secure my rights, which rights are only threatened by states."--Caleb Johnson,

Full article:  http://anarchyinyourhead.com/2008/03/21/the-anarchy-boogey-man/

http://anarchyinyourhead.com/2008/11/28/anarchy-isnt-the-answer/
Related to Shane's Atheism & Libertarianism series.