Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: tnu on November 29, 2013, 07:53:36 PM

It's not really the same is it? I mean Barbie is more like a human ornament who's supposed to be pretty and not much else while He-Man is a hero who fights evil with both strentgh of body and will and is a champion of good. Not to mention a pretty decent person.

Quote from: Gumba Masta on December 02, 2013, 02:57:28 AM
It's not really the same is it? I mean Barbie is more like a human ornament who's supposed to be pretty and not much else while He-Man is a hero who fights evil with both strentgh of body and will and is a champion of good. Not to mention a pretty decent person.

I'm not so sure about that... it seems to me Barbie has had just about every occupation in existence over the years.

Quote from: dallen68 on December 02, 2013, 04:04:13 AM
I'm not so sure about that... it seems to me Barbie has had just about every occupation in existence over the years.

Hell, she's even been a musketeer.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

[yt]GvzAt9Yx7s8[/yt]

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on December 02, 2013, 04:37:19 AM
Hell, she's even been a musketeer.

all for barbie and barbie for all!
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from:  Luke McKinneyThe lesson of Chernobyl is that the most dangerous substance in the world is human stupidity. If everyone who whined about nuclear technology actually understood it, the world's average IQ would increase by 50 points. When idiots drink and drive and kill thousands, we don't ban cars. But when idiots run emergency shutdown tests with an untrained night crew without telling the designer of the reactor or nuclear authority scientists, then deliberately drive the reactor into the nuclear equivalent of "balanced on tiptoes on a stool perched on a stepladder on a table ... made of plutonium," suddenly all nuclear power is evil. Those responsible were so bad at planning that their driving tests all end with proctologists, and they're not allowed to undress themselves without three handlers and a fire extinguisher.
The source is the first paragraph of #1 on this list:  http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-most-mind-blowing-places-science-has-discovered-life_p2/
Probably the smartest thing to ever come out of Luke's mouth.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

Not sure who it is by

"If Jesus was alive today,Republicans would call him gay and Democrats would put him on food stamps."

If you are a friend of mine on Facebook, I posted a story about minimum wage which got a discussion going. I linked a video by LearnLiberty featuring professor Antony Davies talking about minimum wage.

Professor Davies ACTUALLY left replies in our discussion and IT WAS AWESOME! (you need to not only have a facebook account but you need to be my friend to see the discussion.)

I'll leave some quotes here though:
QuoteYou are confusing empirical exceptions with fundamental exceptions.

Empirically, I may observe the minimum wage rising and unemployment not changing. The exception is empirical in that the unemployment effects of the minimum wage were small enough to be drowned out by other random events in the market.

There is no fundamental exception -- i.e., it is not the case that the laws of economics somehow don't apply or apply differently. There are no exceptions to economics -- not airports, not health care, nothing. If you believe you've found an exception, you aren't understanding the economics.

QuoteUnemployment isn't only caused by firing people. It is also caused by not hiring people you would have otherwise hired. What you are saying is that there are significant transaction costs to hiring. An increased minimum wage adds to those transaction costs.

Perfectly sums up my reaction:
[yt]03C4tnCFEMQ[/yt]

Quote from: D on December 03, 2013, 07:35:02 PM
Perfectly sums up my reaction:
[yt]03C4tnCFEMQ[/yt]

Don't you mean...?

[yt]vArje-wXvHA[/yt]

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Quote from: BlameThe1st on December 03, 2013, 09:55:16 PM
Don't you mean...?

[yt]vArje-wXvHA[/yt]

Nooo I was right the first time.

it's really weird picturing you "starstruck" D. Also BT1 has a point because ponies.

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: T dog on December 04, 2013, 01:39:11 PM
http://www.cracked.com/article_18804_the-6-wrong-questions-men-love-to-ask-about-women.html
Especially #4.  Very well put, Christina.

And yet "There are no good men" still gets a pass...
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...