Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

it's just hilarious. let me translate

right side:

[spoiler]Bliss is:

-Syrian wife (saying "O my darling" (roughly))
-Lebanese food
-Emirates citizenship
-Egyptian Tourism
-Jordanian Safety
-Palestinian Neighbor (the guy in the pic says: "a ma'lube for you (it's a Palestinian dish--very delicious!)
-Saudi Taxes (i.e. no taxes)
-Qatari income[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Hell is:

-Egyptian wife (saying "yes your mother's soul!")
-Emirates food (it says: "hareese"--not the most appetizing food)
-Lebanese citizenship
-Palestinian safety (the soldier with the AK says: "where's the paycheck?!")
-Qatari tourism (i.e. No sights to enjoy)
-Saudi neighbor
-Jordanian Taxes
-Syrian income[/spoiler]
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on October 01, 2013, 05:41:24 AM

it's just hilarious. let me translate

right side:

[spoiler]Bliss is:

-Syrian wife (saying "O my darling" (roughly))
-Lebanese food
-Emirates citizenship
-Egyptian Tourism
-Jordanian Safety
-Palestinian Neighbor (the guy in the pic says: "a ma'lube for you (it's a Palestinian dish--very delicious!)
-Saudi Taxes (i.e. no taxes)
-Qatari income[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Hell is:

-Egyptian wife (saying "yes your mother's soul!")
-Emirates food (it says: "hareese"--not the most appetizing food)
-Lebanese citizenship
-Palestinian safety (the soldier with the AK says: "where's the paycheck?!")
-Qatari tourism (i.e. No sights to enjoy)
-Saudi neighbor
-Jordanian Taxes
-Syrian income[/spoiler]

Ah yes, Egypt, the country that invented being a tourist trap...about 2000 years ago.  Egyptians seem to have done just about everything way before anyone else.

October 03, 2013, 12:53:01 AM #3153 Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 12:55:04 AM by nilecroc
[yt]58p7YPO3XE8[/yt]
I just remembered this song. I used to listen to it a lot in my early and mid teens. Relistining to it now, I realize how short your life is, and how many people have the gall to tell you that you have to live it there way.

[yt]5_Pv86ubAnY[/yt]
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on October 03, 2013, 07:21:48 AM
[yt]5_Pv86ubAnY[/yt]
And they say only conservatives hate science.

[yt]BLYnGrDSu0U[/yt]

-Jesse Cox

http://www.cracked.com/article_17224_5-retarded-health-campaigns-that-backfired-hilariously.html
#2 is fail."Derp. We couldn't recall the lead poisening we gave your kids because Boosh cut our budget."

One of my musings

"Ever seen villains in stories who do evil things yet adhere to some code or principle that really fails to stack against their immoral behavior? The thief who only steals "from those who can afford it," as though that somehow absolves him of his stealing? The hired gun who won't take hits on women or children, as though that somehow makes his killing more moral?

There's plenty of real life examples of this. There was a high ranking nazi officer who was known for being a real stickler about use taxpayer money responsibly. When he found his wife using the public purse for personal use, he lectured her quite harshly and made her pay it back, as though this somehow made up for the fact that he was serving and supporting a murderous regime.

Moral of the story: The next time you call McDonalds the scum of the earth for not paying entry level workers 20$/hr while turning a blind eye to your government's involvement in war, if not outright supporting and cheering it, ask yourself this: Are you really fighting the good fight? Or are you just trying to sooth a guilty conscience?"
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on October 04, 2013, 07:06:58 PM
One of my musings

"Ever seen villains in stories who do evil things yet adhere to some code or principle that really fails to stack against their immoral behavior? The thief who only steals "from those who can afford it," as though that somehow absolves him of his stealing? The hired gun who won't take hits on women or children, as though that somehow makes his killing more moral?

There's plenty of real life examples of this. There was a high ranking nazi officer who was known for being a real stickler about use taxpayer money responsibly. When he found his wife using the public purse for personal use, he lectured her quite harshly and made her pay it back, as though this somehow made up for the fact that he was serving and supporting a murderous regime.

Moral of the story: The next time you call McDonalds the scum of the earth for not paying entry level workers 20$/hr while turning a blind eye to your government's involvement in war, if not outright supporting and cheering it, ask yourself this: Are you really fighting the good fight? Or are you just trying to sooth a guilty conscience?"
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120528211227AArBcWn

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on October 04, 2013, 07:06:58 PM

It's not like most of those SOLDIERS get paid any $20/hr either.  Low-grade enlisted (the bulk of any military) get crap pay like every other person at entry level.

[yt]f5jh_lN9TWw[/yt]
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart