Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From Yondemasuyo Azazel-san

[yt]wvLtMS_4Fu4[/yt]
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

Ludwig von Mises: "Under capitalism everybody is the architect of his own fortune." - Bureaucracy
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Okay, I'm gonna have to toot my own horn here. I just had a moment. Mathesonguy in these comments asked me to show him "a Tribal society that has accomplished anything great throughout history." This was my response:

QuoteSince you've already stated that you consider great accomplishments to be conquest, this is an invalid request. But since you brought it up, it was early tribal societies that invented spoken and written language, clothing (including weaving fibers), improving food via genetic modification techniques like selective breeding and hybridization, painting and sculpture, numerous inventions such as the wheel, music, construction, pottery, calendars (including calculating solstices and even eclipses), domesticated dogs and other animals, funerals, and tools that were the basis not just for weapons but for everything we do today.

Yeah, they did a lot. They formed the very basis of our civilization, and we stand on their shoulders.

And they did it all without your precious government.

[yt]7bcL5_VGmgE[/yt]

It's not often you hear a Fav Quote from MSNBC.

Still one of my favorite shows ever:

[yt]PA-omGPUwBE[/yt]

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

True that.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on June 29, 2013, 11:15:34 PM

But they do like the immigrants--they purchase the products that give them jobs!

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 29, 2013, 11:30:16 PM
But they do like the immigrants--they purchase the products that give them jobs!
Indeed.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on June 29, 2013, 11:17:21 PM

True that.

Except for grad students in math and hard science, where they expect you to typeset everything, just like they do.

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.