Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
"The agnostic/atheist debate is the equivalent of the minarchist/anarchist debate: Self congratulating semantical circle jerks full of obnoxious verbosity that is a complete waste of time." —The Skeptical Libertarian

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 03, 2013, 08:49:24 AM
"The agnostic/atheist debate is the equivalent of the minarchist/anarchist debate: Self congratulating semantical circle jerks full of obnoxious verbosity that is a complete waste of time." —The Skeptical Libertarian
Because something that overlaps is like something that is mutually exclusive and we need to work together! Just like we do for the conspiracy wing! Oh wait.  Yeah, that belongs is fail quotes.
Really, it's more like minarchism--deism/weak theism, and anarchism atheism.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

[yt]KThlYHfIVa8[/yt]
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]do6RDSwaWek[/yt]

This is pretty good, especially for something fan-made.

[yt]lGsu5J93_9Y[/yt]
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on June 03, 2013, 03:01:12 PM
[yt]do6RDSwaWek[/yt]

This is pretty good, especially for something fan-made.

That's nice. But this one is far better:

[yt]26BQ0HNtDmI[/yt]

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Tom Woods wrecking the shit out of that terrible Salon article about the "unanswerable question."

http://www.cracked.com/article_20454_5-scary-myths-you-probably-believe-about-economy.html
I only read the list item titles.  From that, it would seem 5-3 are win, and 2 and 1 are fail.  Eh, not too bad, I guess.

Allot of comments are fail tho
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

@AnCapBrony--Not surprising in the least.  The comments are always a crapshoot at best, to "OH GOD! MY BRAIN IS MELTING FROM THE SHEER STUPIDITY!" at worst.

[yt]FtRVjlblZs4[/yt]

June 05, 2013, 07:13:01 PM #2592 Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 04:32:03 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
"corporation

n. an organization formed with state governmental approval to act as an artificial person to carry on business (or other activities), which can sue or be sued, and (unless it is non-profit) can issue shares of stock to raise funds with which to start a business or increase its capital. One benefit is that a corporation's liability for damages or debts is limited to its assets, so the shareholders and officers are protected from personal claims, unless they commit fraud. For private business corporations the articles of incorporation filed with the Secretary of State of the incorporating state must include certain information, including the name of the responsible party or parties (incorporators and agent for acceptance of service), the amount of stock it will be authorized to issue, and its purpose. In some states the purpose may be a general statement of any purpose allowed by law, while others require greater specificity. Corporation shareholders elect a board of directors, which in turn adopts bylaws, chooses the officers and hires top management (which in smaller corporations are often the directors and/or shareholders). Annual meetings are required of both the shareholders and the board, and major policy decisions must be made by resolution of the board (which often delegates much authority to officers and committees). Issuance of stock of less than $300,000, with no public solicitation and relatively few shareholders, is either automatically approved by the state commissioner of corporations or requires a petition outlining the financing. Some states are considered lax in supervision, have low filing fees and corporate taxes and are popular incorporation states, but corporations must register with Secretaries of State of other states where they do substantial business as a "foreign" corporation. Larger stock offerings and/or those offered to the general public require approval by the Securities and Exchange Commission after close scrutiny and approval of a public "prospectus" which details the entire operation of the corporation. There are also non-profit (or not for profit) corporations organized for religious, educational, charitable or public service purposes. Public corporations are those formed by a municipal, state or federal government for public purposes such as operating a dam and utility project. A close corporation is made up of a handful of shareholders with a working or familial connection which is permitted to operate informally without resolutions and regular board meetings. A de jure corporation is one that is formally operated under the law, while a de facto corporation is one which operates as if it were legal, but without the articles of incorporation being valid. Corporations can range from the Corner Mini-Mart to General Electric." -- The definition of "corporation" from an actual Legal Dictionary definition of Corporation

TL;DR version:  Corporations are a creation of the state.

More win from The Skeptical Libertarian:

"My father asked me awhile ago why I hate the government. He said I shouldn't. He said, "The government has been very nice to you; you went to a city school where you got government loans, you take public transportation, you've collected unemployment insurance. The government has given you a lot and you show no appreciation for this. Why do you hate them? What has the state ever done to you? They've done (and given) more to you then most people have so why the hate?"

This is a fair question and also a sad and selfish one. I'm not going to answer what the state has done to me personally to make me hate them because that is irrelevant. My father might not bite the hand that feeds him but I would if the hand slaps other people around.

The reason I hate the state isn't because what they have done to me. I'm not a selfish son of a bitch. If I knew a person who was nice to me, complimented me, showered me with gifts but was a bully to others, I wouldn't like that person either. The state doesn't have to do anything to me personally for me to hate them.

Charles Manson didn't do anything to me personally either and suppose for the sake of argument Charles Manson took a liking to me and treated me nice, would my opinion of Manson change? No, because only a bastard cares about how a person treats him instead of how a person treats others.

I hate the state for the millions they have imprisoned for victimless crimes, for the money they stole through taxation and inflation, for dumbing down people and making them cogs in a machine (what is called, "mainstreaming"). I have empathy for all the millions suffered by the hands of the state and it's an absurdity for me to say, "Who cares about all the people the state has hurt as long as they give me stuff (that was taken from others) and are "nice" to me, why should I care.

Hitler was nice to Eva Braun but Ms. Braun was not a nice person for loving someone who caused others so much pain.

So why do I hate the state? Because they hurt, bully, kill, steal, lie, and torture other people and I can't be bribed by saying, "Treat me "nice" and give me stuff and I will ignore the pain you cause others."

I find it sad that my father has such a view and insulting that he thinks I'm that self-centered."

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 06, 2013, 06:30:12 AM
More win from The Skeptical Libertarian:

"My father asked me awhile ago why I hate the government. He said I shouldn't. He said, "The government has been very nice to you; you went to a city school where you got government loans, you take public transportation, you've collected unemployment insurance. The government has given you a lot and you show no appreciation for this. Why do you hate them? What has the state ever done to you? They've done (and given) more to you then most people have so why the hate?"

This is a fair question and also a sad and selfish one. I'm not going to answer what the state has done to me personally to make me hate them because that is irrelevant. My father might not bite the hand that feeds him but I would if the hand slaps other people around.

The reason I hate the state isn't because what they have done to me. I'm not a selfish son of a bitch. If I knew a person who was nice to me, complimented me, showered me with gifts but was a bully to others, I wouldn't like that person either. The state doesn't have to do anything to me personally for me to hate them.

Charles Manson didn't do anything to me personally either and suppose for the sake of argument Charles Manson took a liking to me and treated me nice, would my opinion of Manson change? No, because only a bastard cares about how a person treats him instead of how a person treats others.

I hate the state for the millions they have imprisoned for victimless crimes, for the money they stole through taxation and inflation, for dumbing down people and making them cogs in a machine (what is called, "mainstreaming"). I have empathy for all the millions suffered by the hands of the state and it's an absurdity for me to say, "Who cares about all the people the state has hurt as long as they give me stuff (that was taken from others) and are "nice" to me, why should I care.

Hitler was nice to Eva Braun but Ms. Braun was not a nice person for loving someone who caused others so much pain.

So why do I hate the state? Because they hurt, bully, kill, steal, lie, and torture other people and I can't be bribed by saying, "Treat me "nice" and give me stuff and I will ignore the pain you cause others."

I find it sad that my father has such a view and insulting that he thinks I'm that self-centered."
*Standing Ovation!*
The ironic thing is that WE'RE considered the selfish ones for not having such a self-centered way of thinking.