Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
[yt]l1Dm-ezxdUI[/yt]

:D :D :D
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

love it or leave it summarized:

If u don't like the mafia, move out of the neighborhood. but you can't take anything with you. and it will take years. and there's no neighborhood without a mafia.

-Stefan Molyneux
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

May 28, 2013, 01:45:34 PM #2538 Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:52:59 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on May 28, 2013, 11:52:52 AM

Many of said countries (the USA, UK, etc) have killed many of them, thus provoking them in the first place.  Still doesn't excuse the use of violence/government from them though.

EDIT: Yay! 3400 posts! :D
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]niqVVENiY2c[/yt]

Fucking classic!

[yt]FYLXLOB1gaM[/yt]

QuoteThis school is basically saying tacitly that they do not want their students to know about the Constitution. They don't want students to be aware of the rights that they have. And why wouldn't they want the students to be aware? There's only one reason: because people who are aware of their rights are a lot harder to SQUEEing control.

The powerful people in this country, the people who really control everything, of course they have a vested interest of keeping people ignorant of their rights. If you grow the population large enough of people who just don't understand their rights, don't understand what their rights are, or why they are in place, or what the history of them is, or what situations they are meant to imply in, if people are walking around with total ignorance of that sort of thing, then the powers that be can pretty much do whatever they want. Because if people aren't aware of their rights, then their rights really don't exist.

Which, of course, reminds me of this classic from George Carlin:

[yt]4jQT7_rVxAE[/yt]

QuoteThere's a reason for this, there's a reason education sucks, and it's the same reason it will never ever ever be fixed. It's never going to get any better. Don't look for it. Be happy with what you've got... because the owners of this country don't want that. I'm talking about the real owners now... the real owners. The big wealthy business interests that control things and make all the important decisions. Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own and control the corporations. They've long since bought and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state houses, the city halls. They got the judges in their back pockets and they own all the big media companies, so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear. They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying. Lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else, but I'll tell you what they don't want. They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well-informed, well-educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them. That's against their interests. That's right.

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

I didn't think TJ was capable of such an insight :T

[yt]miJwl8P2EUA[/yt]
Very catchy.  Gotta love satire and parody. :3

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 28, 2013, 08:43:15 PM
[yt]miJwl8P2EUA[/yt]
Very catchy.  Gotta love satire and parody. :3

I just went onto the YouTube page and THIS was the top quote:

QuoteWow, seriously get a life.

The Bible/Christianity is the biggest scam since ever.

Fuck religion.

That belongs in fail quotes. Seriously, berating people for their personal beliefs? Who needs to get a life again?

No offense to any of my atheists friends here.

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

I take no offense 1st

We need to tell people why they are wrong instead of just saying they are wrong ^^

Hey man. So logn as your interested in the cause of liberty I don't care what you believe in. Love and tolerate. Though, I don't mean this maliciously but I find it interesting that a devout Christian would frequent a skeptic board. Just seemd odd to me personally but again no insult meant.

Quote from: BlameThe1st on May 28, 2013, 09:39:59 PM
I just went onto the YouTube page and THIS was the top quote:

That belongs in fail quotes. Seriously, berating people for their personal beliefs? Who needs to get a life again?

No offense to any of my atheists friends here.

It was the top-most quote, but not the highest rated.  Yeah, I guess he didn't release that was a parody...like roughly half the bloody commenters. >_<