Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

[yt]lF1aVdZ6Kks[/yt]

Yay!  New video from Shane! :D
I think this one was XCKD inspired, artistically speaking.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Mises was the fucking man!

Ludwig von Mises: "Freedom and liberty always mean freedom from police interference." - Planned Chaos

You paying attention, conservatives?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Not exactly a fan of "Honest" Abe, but...

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

CNN Reporter: "You were quite rude to the President"

Medea Benjamin: "I think killing innocent people with drones is rude."

Quote from: D on May 24, 2013, 04:38:27 PM
CNN Reporter: "You were quite rude to the President"

Medea Benjamin: "I think killing innocent people with drones is rude."

[yt]1mWY-K9-A90[/yt]

[yt]EaA7hh0FeGw[/yt]

I wish the mainstream media would just tell the truth.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on May 26, 2013, 02:04:20 PM
[yt]EaA7hh0FeGw[/yt]

Kinda puts a new perspective on Pat Condell's videos of him throwing a tantrum about Muslims being angry/whiny in the UK, no?

it does--though not the way he'd intended...
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on May 26, 2013, 03:22:03 PM
it does--though not the way he'd intended...
well, yeah.  That's kinda my point. :P

May 26, 2013, 03:26:26 PM #2531 Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 03:30:36 PM by Ibrahim90
Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on May 26, 2013, 03:24:22 PM
well, yeah.  That's kinda my point. :P

I know you know. It just had to be said though  ;)

frankly though, the guy's style of killing the Tommy reminded me of what they do in the Congo or Sierra Leon. disturbing stuff.

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on May 26, 2013, 02:04:20 PM
[yt]EaA7hh0FeGw[/yt]

No shit. These people also seem to think that Islam is one single entity. They honestly think that every individual Muslim from every single individual sects of Sunni, Shia, nondenominational, reformist etc are out to take over the world.

They believe that even the Sufis want to blow up buildings.

I mean seriously it is nuts.

Condell has actually made it clear he's not talking about all muslims.  He has said that he actually gets a lot of fan mail from muslims, specifically the ones who just want to live their lives and are sick and tired of the psychos making them look bad.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

May 27, 2013, 02:05:15 AM #2534 Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 02:13:22 AM by Skm1091
Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on May 27, 2013, 12:58:30 AM
Condell has actually made it clear he's not talking about all muslims.  He has said that he actually gets a lot of fan mail from muslims, specifically the ones who just want to live their lives and are sick and tired of the psychos making them look bad.

I guess those are from more liberal/moderate/reformist sects of Islam, basically non salafi/wahhabi. Those two are some of the most, if not the most strict versions of Sunni Islam. Anyone know if there is a Shia equivalent of salafi/wahhabis?