Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 12, 2013, 04:29:23 PM #2355 Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:37:24 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
"But maybe more common than that is good ol' Attention Seeking Behavior, which every single person who's ever spent just one evening with a child will be familiar with. The outcast, like the child, knows that hate is not the opposite of love, apathy is. All that negative attention is still attention, and the abuse is still several steps better than being ignored."--source:  http://www.cracked.com/article_17522_6-new-personality-disorders-caused-by-internet_p2.html
One more reason why I believe that social ostracism would work to deter nastier crime in an anarchist society.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on April 12, 2013, 04:29:23 PM
"But maybe more common than that is good ol' Attention Seeking Behavior, which every single person who's ever spent just one evening with a child will be familiar with. The outcast, like the child, knows that hate is not the opposite of love, apathy is. All that negative attention is still attention, and the abuse is still several steps better than being ignored."--source:  http://www.cracked.com/article_17522_6-new-personality-disorders-caused-by-internet_p2.html
One more reason why I believe that social ostracism would work to deter nastier crime in an anarchist society.

First, please tell me where youa re getting all these images. Secondly that hit far too close ot home for me and not in a good way either. I know what thesepeople are talking about. osmetimes i'm not sure ofr me if its worse to be hated, dismissed, ignored, or forgotton.

[yt]hiIGUFhPfO8[/yt]

Quote from: Goaticus on April 12, 2013, 11:29:23 PM
[yt]hiIGUFhPfO8[/yt]

This guy is what I think Alfonzo Rachel would be like if he wasn't a bucket of dick.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on April 12, 2013, 11:49:34 PM
This guy is what I think Alfonzo Rachel would be like if he wasn't a bucket of dick.

Unfortunately, he seems to be a one-issue wonder.

Nothing wrong with sticking to what you know.  We've seen the disastrous results when people try to step outside their area of expertise.  (you listening Thunderf00t?)
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on April 13, 2013, 10:03:10 AM
Nothing wrong with sticking to what you know.  We've seen the disastrous results when people try to step outside their area of expertise.  (you listening Thunderf00t?)

When have I ever stepped INTO my field of expertise?

I always thought science and politics were yoru field of experties Shane. yOu were certyainly one of my biggest influances.

Quote from: tnu on April 13, 2013, 01:44:20 PM
I always thought science and politics were yoru field of experties Shane. yOu were certyainly one of my biggest influances.

Thanks, but I hold no formal training in any of that.

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 13, 2013, 02:01:11 PM
Thanks, but I hold no formal training in any of that.

I've never had any in history. And I know more than most college grads.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

When is Remy not awesome?

[yt]yfYCsyIMeMQ[/yt]
Lao Tzu

April 13, 2013, 06:56:33 PM #2366 Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 07:06:26 PM by Lord T Hawkeye
Quote from: MrBogosity on April 13, 2013, 11:26:59 AM
When have I ever stepped INTO my field of expertise?

About as much as I did I guess...  ^^;
Keep in mind "formal training" only means it's backed by a politician's word and we all know what that's worth.

Oh, a fav quote?  Here's one

She does make a fair point.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

[yt]jla91T_T5a4[/yt]

Friend of mine when I called the guy form fail quotes out on his "If youd on't like it then get involved" bullshit.

QuoteLike I've been saying all along. The two parties enjoy the two-party system and benefits it brings them, and the two parties are the only parties capable of electing officials, therefore nothing will change. Meanwhile the liberals will continue to attack one set of rights, and the conservatives will continue to attack the rest of them.

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on April 13, 2013, 06:56:33 PM

She does make a fair point.

Only if the person giving it swallows. :P
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537