Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This one is kind of shocking, but I suppose everyone is due for a "fav quote" at some point.

I bring you Jesse Ventura:

Quote"I don't see enough evidence to think Sandy Hook was a false flag operation. This is more of a tragic event turned into political opportunity than it is a staged event.

• Was there investigative bungling and the sensationalist media reporting unverified stories? Yes.
  • Was there confusion and were facts lost and gained in that confusion? Yes.
  • Are there people, even witnesses, looking for their 30 seconds in the spotlight? Yes.
  • Are there individuals and institutions using and shaping this event for their own political agendas? Yes, and we must keep a very watchful eye on those institutions to keep them from twisting the facts of this event.

Sadly, everything I mentioned above can, when taken out of context, make one think manipulation is afoot.

Most chaotic events can come across that way. In examining the event, I don't see government hands at work mainly because they would have covered their tracks better. We can't expect them to pull off elaborately planned hoaxes while at the same time leaving behind so many easy "smoking guns" for us to find.

It took years for independent investigators to uncover JFK. It took years for us to begin scratching out the truth about 9/11. Those of us who study real history, not state sanctioned history, can very easily become just as close minded and biased for conspiracy as those who stand in our way and refuse to accept the truth about our government and the people running it.

It's very easy to fall into that trap, especially when knowing how much of our history and world events are not what they appear to be. So please, do not immediately jump up and yell "Fire!" just because someone makes a Youtube video. Research, research, research. You only hurt our cause by promoting false conspiracies and crackpot agendas.

Much like the Birther conspiracy, I am starting to think that a lot of the so called "evidence" of conspiracy coming out about Sandy Hook is designed and fabricated to make us "conspiracy theorists", us truth seekers, look foolish. Why? So that when good people argue against the destruction of our Second Amendment they can easily be painted with the "crackpot" brush.

Now if only he would show this kind of critical thinking for all the other conspiracy whackjobbery he promotes.

January 27, 2013, 01:52:21 PM #2236 Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:55:52 PM by D
[yt]oMk2c-R1nnE[/yt]

Quote from: D on January 27, 2013, 01:52:21 PM
[yt]oMk2c-R1nnE[/yt]

My only problem with this video is that Jacob lifted that loudmouthed, unthinking moron to his level. That sort deserve to be ignored, or if they can't be ignored, openly denigrated. If you don't, you imply that the other person's arguments are just as legitimate as yours. Still, good takedown.

I kind of agree, Shane, but then people think we are ignoring arguments, that were a bunch of elitist pricks, or that we are plain cultists. Responces like the one Jacob gave are needed. Besides, just look at Jacob's face. He does NOT think that guy is on his level  ;D

Quote from: VectorM on January 27, 2013, 03:29:54 PM
I kind of agree, Shane, but then people think we are ignoring arguments, that were a bunch of elitist pricks, or that we are plain cultists. Responces like the one Jacob gave are needed. Besides, just look at Jacob's face. He does NOT think that guy is on his level  ;D

seconded: the dead-pan expression tells me all I need to know about Spinney's opinion of dusty: complete dismissal.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on January 27, 2013, 09:14:58 PM
seconded: the dead-pan expression tells me all I need to know about Spinney's opinion of dusty: complete dismissal.

Actually, that's the only way I've EVER seen Jacob in ANY of his videos.  Of course, since I've also never seen any attack on Libertarianism that was at a level above Cult's, this isn't surprising.

This is very, very funny (well, if you like Howard Stern, who's sort of like how The True Pooka would be if he wasn't so full of himself).  Howard Stern is making fun of both Kirk Cameron for his bronze-age-inspired prattle about homosexuality, and Piers Morgan for being so desperate as to book him.

[yt]AjW540l4piY[/yt]

"No, I don't hate God for mandating slavery, and no I don't believe that God is evil for mandating slavery. I don't believe that THIS god, the absurd god of the bible, is even extant, let alone worthy of any adjectives beyond that! This god's inhumane and ridiculously cruel commands say nothing about the god that they are ascribed to, simply because they are so obviously ascribed to a god by the men in whose image this god was made.

"Deal with it folks; your god is the brainchild of some particularly awful humans. The bible simply and clearly gets this very easy human rights question utterly wrong.

"Abandon it, and keep looking for answers. You'll be ever so glad you did." —NonStampCollector

The video this was written on is a Fav too:

[yt]2MFmC6BD1B4[/yt]

Quote from: evensgrey on January 30, 2013, 01:23:21 PM
This is very, very funny (well, if you like Howard Stern, who's sort of like how The True Pooka would be if he wasn't so full of himself). 

I dunno: I keep thinking about his two hired hands, Sal and Richard, with their prank calling of tradio stations...that and his run for Governor or Mayor or sth--that was in 1994, as a Libertarian party IIRC. (or was it just as a Libertarian? I dunno)
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

A new idea is something they don't know yet, so of course it's not going to show up as an option.
~ Don Draper

While the pic below is win, a comment I read from "If Libertarians Are Crazy, I Don't Want to be Sane" is just as much win:
Quote from: Mike JonesThis is so wrong! The President does NOT use a drone to shoot skeet! He's uses them to shoot children.

[yt-43]PpBZYmG-5Rk[/yt-43]

[yt]dhXPlCjr0Vw[/yt]