Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: D on December 15, 2012, 07:44:51 AM
[yt]PmaAYtqXfi4[/yt]

He does forget about the Fort Hood shooting that happened a couple years ago, but the point still stands.

Even the Ford Hood shooting spree supports his point.  It occurred in a base hospital, where regulations forbade most people from being armed.  It certainly looks like the guy must have chosen it for that specific reason.

QuotePORTLAND -- Nick Meli is emotionally drained.  The 22-year-old was at Clackamas Town Center with a friend and her baby when a masked man opened fire.
"I heard three shots and turned and looked at Casey and said, 'are you serious?,'" he said.
The friend and baby hit the floor.  Meli, who has a concealed carry permit, positioned himself behind a pillar.
"He was working on his rifle," said Meli.  "He kept pulling the charging handle and hitting the side."
The break in gunfire allowed Meli to pull out his own gun, but he never took his eyes off the shooter.
"As I was going down to pull, I saw someone in the back of the Charlotte move, and I knew if I fired and missed, I could hit them," he said.
Meli took cover inside a nearby store.  He never pulled the trigger.  He stands by that decision.
"I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him," said Meli.  "I know after he saw me, I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself."
The gunman was dead, but not before taking two innocent lives with him and taking the innocence of everyone else.
"I don't ever want to see anyone that way ever," said Meli.  "It just bothers me."
http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-armed-confronts-mall-shooter-183593571.html

I doubt this will see the MSM.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on December 16, 2012, 02:32:38 AM
I doubt this will see the MSM.

What proportion of cops do you suppose would have been deterred from firing by not having a clean shot?

Quote from: evensgrey on December 16, 2012, 06:01:28 AM
What proportion of cops do you suppose would have been deterred from firing by not having a clean shot?

They probably would have fired full clips at the guy.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

[yt]EOKP2n585aQ[/yt]

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

I still don't care for his "insights" on relationships.  Ladies, you want equality?  Then the male breadwinner gravy train is over.  Deal with it.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on December 17, 2012, 02:22:54 PM
I still don't care for his "insights" on relationships.  Ladies, you want equality?  Then the male breadwinner gravy train is over.  Deal with it.

Plus, men aren't left to die in hostage situations.
Lao Tzu

Skip to 7:07, that's where he talks about the shooting and how the media handled it.

[yt]EcogEGg0nTs[/yt]

"What really pisses me off is the way the press handles it and the way cameras handle it. You see I have a choice right now sitting in front of this thing and talking to you about whatever, as you have a choice of watching me. But what bites my ass, what makes me sick, really sick inside, is the bastards, the sorry SOBs that took all the camera shots, film of these people's pain. Little kids screaming, crying. You took 'em. You know, what is your problem? Do you not have any sense of feeling? I mean that'd be like, okay, here's one for you, 'How about we set up a camera while your wife's being raped and you have to watch that, and we'll film it for ya, and we'll show it.' You know, those are horrible moments in a child's life or a human being's life. And they're going to be going through this stuff and the mayhem that's in their mind, the twists and the pain and all of a sudden they're gonna turn and see a friggin' camera shooting at them! *sticks up middle finger* That's what I think of you."

Jake "The Snake" Roberts?

A conversation with another Canadian friend of mine

Friend" I hate doctors
Me: Why's that?
Friend: They're slow and wrong 65% of the time

[yt]06Lw7xa6lHU[/yt]

Penn is the only sane adult in the room.

God, that one woman is the embodiment of evil. Autistics don't have empathy? They don't feel guilt? They don't have a conscience? Whatever lame-ass show that is, they need to do a better job of picking their hosts.

Quote from: MrBogosity on December 21, 2012, 09:49:06 PM
God, that one woman is the embodiment of evil. Autistics don't have empathy? They don't feel guilt? They don't have a conscience? Whatever lame-ass show that is, they need to do a better job of picking their hosts.

And sadly this kind of mindless thought is becoming the norm. Ever since that stupid "Anarchist Soccer Mom" nonsense where she says, " I live with a son who is mentally ill. I love my son. But he terrifies me," people have been looking at autistic, and mostly those with asperger's syndrome as if they were monsters. Quite frankly, it is absolutely abhorrent.