Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MrBogosity on October 22, 2012, 05:52:35 PM
Needed to be said: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/reawakening-liberty/2012/oct/22/libertarians-are-not-corporate-apologists/

The issue over corporations is something (among many other things) I had a hard time understanding; this article really clarifies the issue for me. Thanks much for the link, Shane.
Failing to clean up my own mistakes since the early 80s.

Quote from: Goaticus on October 23, 2012, 06:25:04 PM

Does that blunderbuss have a bayonet on it? I don't think that would work.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on October 23, 2012, 07:01:57 PM
Does that blunderbuss have a bayonet on it? I don't think that would work.

Just us solid shot.  It should work fine.  (Mounting the bayonet is another problem entirely.)

Quote from: evensgrey on October 23, 2012, 10:55:19 PM
Just us solid shot.  It should work fine.  (Mounting the bayonet is another problem entirely.)

Solid shot would kinda negate the purpose of a blunderbuss. Plus the barrel is too wide, even behind the muzzle, for that to work.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Unbelievable. We have an enormous Muppet riding a horse in the 18th Century and you guys are saying the GUN is unrealistic... :P

Quote from: MrBogosity on October 24, 2012, 08:18:24 AM
Unbelievable. We have an enormous Muppet riding a horse in the 18th Century and you guys are saying the GUN is unrealistic... :P

Why should we point out something that's obvious?
Lao Tzu

"It appears as if roughly half the people in this country think that they're in mortal danger from their own government. That's a lot of people sensing a lot of malice and threat. I worry that I don't see it. Sure, I see inefficiency and incompetence, but I've always seen that - regardless of which party's in office. And frankly, I've always welcomed it. I don't like my big bureaucracies to be cold, calculating, profit-making enterprises driven by a steely, clear-headed singular vision. A cursory glance through history would indicate that well-organized governments tend to enjoy well-organized parades, followed by well-organized ethnic cleansing. Which is why I celebrate the magnificent, muddle-headed ineptitude of our democracy. As far as I'm concerned, a little confusion and waste may keep the trains from running on time, but it also keeps people like me from getting a one-way ticket in a cattle car. Are our tax dollars being misspent on poorly run social programs? You bet! Do we get more buck for our bang at the local Post Office, Amtrak station, nuclear submarine or methadone clinic? Of course we do! But keep in mind that bureaucrats who can't find their ass with a flashlight and a hand mirror are not likely to find you either. To paraphrase Bobby McGee: 'Freedom's just another word for who the hell's in charge here?!'" —Chuck Lorre (last nights Big Bang Theory vanity card)

[yt]wAkdHzpXXo0[/yt]

As overdone as the Guy Fawkes stuff is.

[yt]LmxA67f542M[/yt]

"There's nothing noble about wanting to be free YOURSELF. There's nothing noble about not wanting YOU to be stomped on and oppressed and robbed if you're not against oppression in general. And if you vote Republican or you vote Democrat, you're not against oppression in general, you just want the giant machine called 'Government' on YOUR side, forcing other people to pay for what YOU want, forcing other people to make the choices YOU want them to make! So don't pretend to be principled unless you're ready to let EVERYONE be free." - Larken Rose

For anyone sick of the World War 2 brought us out of the depression nonsense.

[yt]71tPBjrTeJU&feature=g-u-u[/yt]