Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ibrahim90 on August 21, 2012, 03:00:03 PM
double win to anyone here who fits into at least three of the categories.
Well, I'm at least bi-sexual, so that's 1/2.  I'm a geek (1.5), I was a vegetarian for a while, and it was actually not too bad--kinda nice actually--,and I'm definitely a free thinker (2.5 to 3).
Go me.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on August 21, 2012, 03:00:03 PM
double win to anyone here who fits into at least three of the categories.

I fit three; four if you count someone with orthopedic implants as a "cyborg."

August 21, 2012, 05:22:06 PM #1982 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:26:13 PM by evensgrey
Here's a good one from decades ago.

[yt]Wi-D24oCa10[/yt]

Was bored and decided to make this:

For the record, that woman is apparently the President of the teacher's union in Chicago. Her name is Karen Lewis.

August 25, 2012, 05:33:26 PM #1985 Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:35:46 PM by Ibrahim90
[yt]T2aif0Wk9E0[/yt]

I have to agree with his assessment that government is in fact, robbing us all.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

"The Republican Party has been like Lucy with a football, and all these suckers every year are Charlie Brown." --Thomas E. Woods

From this video:

[yt]WWeG30xyZXc[/yt]

The rest of his talk is win, too.

Speaking of Tom Woods:
[yt]Z9Cx-i6MhCM[/yt]

Tom Woods is the man.

Quote from: Goaticus on August 27, 2012, 11:00:27 PM

Are the NYPD notably worse shots than other police departments in the US?  I know police are usually pretty lousy shots.  (Most of them only practice enough to pass mandatory qualification testing, partly because they have to pay for their own practice ammo in most forces, and partly because the kind of person you want to have become a cop does it because they want to help their community and the last option that kind of person wants to take is deadly force.)  The only people who are generally systematically worse shots than cops are criminals, who generally never practice at all and expect their guns to work on a more or less totemic basis.

As for the gun actually shown...Did anyone notice how we never question the presence of an ejection port on an energy weapon that doesn't have any brass to eject?  The Original Trilogy blasters are pretty much all just dressed up real guns (the pictured one is, IIRC, a dressed up Sten Gun).  The ones used for shooting in the US were generally replicas, but the ones used in the UK were real because the restrictions on completely non-functional replicas in the UK at the time were stronger than the ones on real guns.

This would make an awesome graphic for one of Shane's recent videos.

Quoteand partly because the kind of person you want to have become a cop does it because they want to help their community and the last option that kind of person wants to take is deadly force.

The kind of person I want to become a cop doesn't pull the trigger unless they are aiming at someone who is an imminent danger to others. The NYPD acted like the asshole family from Spaceballs.

[yt]HSv2yPNryY0[/yt]

If anyone tells you Romney and Obama aren't the same candidate, show them this and then tell them to shut their pie hole:
[yt]IWDJEc92d38[/yt]

"Liberty can be messy, Ahmet. But it is priceless."     Ezio Auditore da Firenze
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

[yt]21dswxQhJS8[/yt]