Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.cracked.com/article_19935_8-ridiculous-animal-myths-you-probably-believe_p2.html

Can someone please explain number 2 to my mom?
(Not really.  I'm just saying.)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

"There's small choice in rotten apples." – William Shakespeare

July 23, 2012, 11:46:43 AM #1847 Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:54:55 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
[yt]QqU9JFbtucU[/yt]

EDIT:  I just learned from this forum's D, that this is the same shit that's been going on for a year now...wtf atheist community!?  This (along with rampant statism) is why I have issues associating myself with you.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

July 23, 2012, 12:50:37 PM #1848 Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:53:28 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
http://www.cracked.com/article_19925_the-5-stupidest-things-ever-done-with-borders.html
Holy fuck!  And I thought the idea behind borders was fucking stupid as is.  Guess I didn't know just how far the stupid has been taken.

The ironic thing about numbers 5, 4 and 1?
This is the exact same bullshit statists say will happen if we privatize roads.
Color me surprised! (not really.)

Quote from: D on July 23, 2012, 06:01:43 PM

Saved.  Along with the one above it.

John Stewart slams Brian Ross and ABC for making up nonsense about the Aurora shooting.

[yt]G6T_Qw8wDV8[/yt]

July 24, 2012, 05:51:22 PM #1853 Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 05:56:38 PM by Lord T Hawkeye
http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=pM9xqTONr5g  This guy just goes on and on...

Seriously, he effectively argues that the scientific method doesn't work...on his COMPUTER!!

As our good friend Judge Judy often said: Either you're playing dumb or it's not an act.

(Should be in fail quotes, apologies)
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

A retort to the complete fail I just posted in Fail Quotes.

"Gun Control: The idea that people cannot be trusted with guns because they might do harm, so we need laws to prevent people getting guns, which will be enforced by giving guns to government agents that come from the same pool of people who couldn't be trusted with guns in the first place." --Me (I do have my moments)

Quote from: D on July 25, 2012, 07:56:00 PM
A retort to the complete fail I just posted in Fail Quotes.

Plus, you know, the opportunity to be a complete prick.  When did God ever turn down an opportunity to do that?

Quote from: MrBogosity on July 25, 2012, 08:48:41 PM
"Gun Control: The idea that people cannot be trusted with guns because they might do harm, so we need laws to prevent people getting guns, which will be enforced by giving guns to government agents that come from the same pool of people who couldn't be trusted with guns in the first place." --Me (I do have my moments)
Very well said. :)