Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MrBogosity on July 07, 2012, 01:15:05 PM
The same "people" who brought the bubonic plague to Europe?

That was the Mongols, Shane.  They brought it with them from China when they came into the Crimea, and passed it on to Italian merchants who accidentally took it with them back to Italy when they fled.

The worst of the diseases introduced by Europeans to the New World was smallpox (possibly the greatest killer in history).  That's the real secret of how Cortes conquered the Aztecs:  He accidentally introduced a plague that killed most of them and left the survivors in no condition to fight.

Quote from: Goaticus on July 07, 2012, 09:57:44 PM

when bears face-palm, seek help.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly." --Woody Allen

Source

Penn Jillette: [T]he most important thing is for the government to allow more freedom than I want for myself. Morality has to be a subset—the most important thing is that people in this country feel like they are living legally. There's nobody in this country right now that can say with complete confidence they are doing nothing illegal. We have too many laws. What you need to do, is if you are a good person, you should have no fear of the government. It comes back to the Al Capone thing that we busted him on income tax invasion. You don't want to feel good about that. You don't want to feel good that the government can bust anybody on anything they want. You want to be able to do good things. Much smaller laws. You know, my son, when he gets to be 12 years old, should be able to understand everything that's illegal and everything that's not. There shouldn't be this huge amount of illegal things you can do. Someone who is a good person should have no fear of the government whatsoever.

Sean Hannity: All right, I lost this debate. I can't win this debate.

[yt]LlblduvPeCs[/yt]

Quote from: D on July 12, 2012, 09:28:44 AM
[yt]LlblduvPeCs[/yt]

@ 2:18

you know, this is the part that pisses me off, every time I hear it.

It's not a question of "we must take care of the elderly". I think we all want to do that--I hope we all want to.

but these programs don't do that, and are a shitty and unnecessary way of doing so, even if it really did do that. Why must we have a government do it for us?

I think I can take care of my elders without government help, just like my Dad took care of his, and his dad before him took care of his. none of us needed govco, and I doubt we ever will.

just let people run their own lives, and take care of who they want and can.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Applies to Nationalism too.

I think I might have found the perfect theme song for Politicians in general, and a certain judge in particular:

[yt]3BDyFuDxA-I&feature=related[/yt]

-Jesse Cox