Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: evensgrey on June 24, 2012, 09:51:12 AM
I'll buy that.  A man-eating tiger will, at least occasionally be FULL, and if it gets you will normally just kill you and be done.

actually, that was the story: apparently, Confucius was wandering with his disciples, when they found this grieving woman working the fields. On asking what the problem was, she said her husband and son were both killed by a Tiger. On being asked why she didn't move away sooner, she said she was afraid that the other governments might be even oppressive than the one she was under..
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on June 24, 2012, 03:12:49 PM
actually, that was the story: apparently, Confucius was wandering with his disciples, when they found this grieving woman working the fields. On asking what the problem was, she said her husband and son were both killed by a Tiger. On being asked why she didn't move away sooner, she said she was afraid that the other governments might be even oppressive than the one she was under..

So that's death # what caused by governments?  #2,432,564,234?  At least?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on June 24, 2012, 03:24:33 PM
So that's death # what caused by governments?  #2,432,564,234?  At least?

What's the one about how even the greediest tyrant is occasionally satisfied with what he's taken from those under his rule, while the tyrant who acts for the claimed good of all never stops because he never feels the slightest pang of conscience for his actions?  I always thought it missed the real source of the tireless efforts of such people:  They're convinced that ceasing for even a moment is doing evil.

Quote from: evensgrey on June 24, 2012, 03:36:03 PM
What's the one about how even the greediest tyrant is occasionally satisfied with what he's taken from those under his rule, while the tyrant who acts for the claimed good of all never stops because he never feels the slightest pang of conscience for his actions?  I always thought it missed the real source of the tireless efforts of such people:  They're convinced that ceasing for even a moment is doing evil.

So all tyrants then.  I've yet to see a single tyrant in all of history that *didn't* claim to be working for some 'greater good'.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

I very rarely go on reddit, but today I was very pleasantly surprised by this conversation.

Quote[–]REXXT 21 points 2 days ago

I'm a Democrat and I'm 90% sure I'm voting Johnson. Care to have an honorary pact so we both know we're canceling out each other's votes?

[–]LincolnSt 4 points 1 day ago*

Honor is important to me, so yes, I'll agree to your pact.

Consider this message a handshake, which is binding.

edit I should say that I consider a handshake to be binding. Not that you do, or that I am forcing you into a pact. Just wanted to make that clear. Thanks.

[–]REXXT 5 points 1 day ago

I think you and I feel similarly about honor. Our internet handshake is as binding as a real one in my book. Gary Johnson just got 2 votes.

[yt]vjB1tdB-r-s&feature=g-u-u[/yt]

The fundamental flaw in Kenysian economics.  They support government intervention which makes the market complete unpredictable and arbitrary and then claim that they understand it as a hard science.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

This reminds me of my brother and his brother in-law.

"Crime doesn't pay...neither does redistributing the wealth!" - Batman

[yt]6yjI5238Zxc[/yt]

Quote from: D on June 26, 2012, 04:38:37 PM
"Crime doesn't pay...neither does redistributing the wealth!" - Batman

[yt]6yjI5238Zxc[/yt]

finally, Batman shows his true colors :P
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

June 27, 2012, 12:43:07 PM #1779 Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:20:38 PM by MrBogosity
SCHOOL'D!!!

[yt-43]jfdEbe7e9GE[/yt-43]

Telling it like it is:

QuotePeople think money drives politics. It doesn't. Money is merely the vehicle. Power drives Washington. As Carney points out, Hatch has spent a good deal of his time on the Judiciary Committee targeting Microsoft. So he wasn't mad that the company wasn't giving him money—they weren't giving to his opponents, either. Hatch was angry that the company wasn't acknowledging that it needs Washington, that it needs people like him. He finds that offensive. So people like Hatch make companies like Google need people like Hatch.

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 27, 2012, 12:43:07 PM
SCHOOL'D!!!

[yt-43]Z0RzAF007LM[/yt-43]

can't see i from here,  (copyright take-down) though if it's the one I think it is, yeah, that Portland copper was OWNED!

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on June 27, 2012, 07:54:26 PM
can't see i from here,  (copyright take-down) though if it's the one I think it is, yeah, that Portland copper was OWNED!

Apparently, that was a mirror. I've replaced it with the original.

[yt]j3n_IkqcPV0[/yt]

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 27, 2012, 12:43:07 PM
SCHOOL'D!!!

[yt-43]jfdEbe7e9GE[/yt-43]

yep, that's the one.

checking his channel out, this isn't the first time he's done it either.

[yt]Ifv5qfuXmKQ&feature=plcp[/yt]

there's only one reply to this:

[spoiler]
(it's suppose to also have "F*ck yeah! below it)[/spoiler]

-Jesse Cox