Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
[yt]lhuBWmKn30M[/yt]

Far warning, I haven't watched this one, but just from the title, I can tell it's going to be win.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Last one for now (I promise!):

[yt]zdiD5iC3rno[/yt]

This is even *if* you don't accept the fact that statism--especially communism--is a cult.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Goaticus on June 21, 2012, 12:21:54 AM

Reminds me of a Feynman quote: "Science is like sex: it has practical and tangible results, but that's not why we do it."

[yt]Aqxl9qiFonc[/yt]

for the record, I don't think he is the most arrogant man, though being a US politician, he sure is up there.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on June 21, 2012, 03:57:03 PM
[yt]Aqxl9qiFonc[/yt]

for the record, I don't think he is the most arrogant man, though being a US politician, he sure is up there.

One bit of fail in that video though. The person claims that we were perfectly fine with the healthcare we have right now. That is completely not true. Sure, it's not flat out socialized healthcare, but the corporatist system we have now is far from good.

Quote from: D on June 21, 2012, 05:12:03 PM
One bit of fail in that video though. The person claims that we were perfectly fine with the healthcare we have right now. That is completely not true. Sure, it's not flat out socialized healthcare, but the corporatist system we have now is far from good.

You appear to have watched a different video than the one I watched, which said that Obama changed health care for millions of people even though they LIKED what they had.  That's not the same thing.

I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on June 22, 2012, 01:39:23 AM
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/mathematical-proof-that-media-sexist-bad-at-math/

Math wins, math always wins.

About time someone pointed this out. I've never figured out how someone couldn't think that the minute they saw those statistics!

From Lewis Black:

QuoteThe only thing dumber than a Republican or a Democrat is when these pricks work together. We have a two party system. The Democratic Party, which is a party of no ideas, and the Republican Party, which is a party of bad ideas. And the way it works is the Republican stands up in congress and goes, 'I GOT A REALLY BAD IDEA!' and the Democrat says, 'AND I CAN MAKE IT SHITTIER!'

From the book Tao of Marketing by Steve Burns. A fictional conversation between Lao Tzu and a Chinese shopkeeper.

""The market is also chaos. It has many forms and never seems to have any direction." "Why?" Hong-meng asked. "People," Lao Tzu replied seriously. "People?" Hong-meng asked, surprised. "What do you mean—people?" "The real market is people," Lao Tzu said simply, as if that were the answer to everything. It's as simple as that. It's not an abstract entity with convoluted definitions, molded by statistics and demographics. It's simply people. When you understand the motivations of the people, then you will begin to understand your market."

[yt]lo6uxv7V7DE&feature=g-vrec[/yt]

I found this quote the other day, that I just have to post here:

"An oppressive government is worse than a Man-eating tiger"

-Confucius

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on June 23, 2012, 09:18:38 PM
I found this quote the other day, that I just have to post here:

"An oppressive government is worse than a Man-eating tiger"

-Confucius

I'll buy that.  A man-eating tiger will, at least occasionally be FULL, and if it gets you will normally just kill you and be done.