Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Gumba Masta on June 03, 2012, 05:25:41 PMFringelements?  The race realist? The one who's advocating a prescribriptive race segregation?
"prescribriptive"?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 11, 2011, 07:12:25 PM
"Be wary of quotes on the internet; it is difficult to tell which ones are genuine." --Plato

(Also seen attributed to Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Edmund Burke, and Voltaire.)

Okay, I went and did it:

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on June 03, 2012, 05:31:41 PM
"prescribriptive"?
I like how you imidietly jumped to my spelling instead of my more serious descriptions of him.

Quote from: Gumba Masta on June 03, 2012, 05:55:04 PM
I like how you imidietly jumped to my spelling instead of my more serious descriptions of him.

And you expected what on the internet?

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 03, 2012, 06:31:26 PM
And you expected what on the internet?
Tits.
And photoshoped pictures of Sarah Palin going 69 on her daughters.
You know, the basics of civilization.

Quote from: Gumba Masta on June 03, 2012, 05:55:04 PM
Oh, fine, grumpa masta. :P

He may be borderline (if not full on racist), but he still knows how to write a good anti-statist themed parody, thank you very much.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Well, I thought D was going to post it, but I guess not.

In the video debate between TheAmazingAtheist and SouthernAvenger, the following comment was made on one of TJ's videos on the subject:

"Its all a bunch of crap.  You are just trading one majority (states) for another (federal).  How about this, just can the gov altogether. I know it isn't a nice thing to think about, but everyone will never agree [that] with or without government, plenty of people will get the short end of the stick.  Instead of forcing your beliefs on others, just live and let live."

--Mauhadeeb28 43 seconds ago

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on June 03, 2012, 08:44:45 PM
Well, I thought D was going to post it, but I guess not.

In the video debate between TheAmazingAtheist and SouthernAvenger, the following comment was made on one of TJ's videos on the subject:

"Its all a bunch of crap.  You are just trading one majority (states) for another (federal).  How about this, just can the gov altogether. I know it isn't a nice thing to think about, but everyone will never agree [that] with or without government, plenty of people will get the short end of the stick.  Instead of forcing your beliefs on others, just live and let live."

--Mauhadeeb28 43 seconds ago

Sorry about that. Went to do something else and forgot.

Oh well, at least it's up.

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 03, 2012, 05:33:06 PM
Okay, I went and did it:

so a reasonable quote attributed to a guy who never said, whose picture isn't even his?

reminds of of this quote from interwar Hungary:

"for the next 24 years, Hungary would be a kingdom without a king, ruled by an admiral without a fleet, in a country without a coastline."
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 03, 2012, 05:33:06 PM
Okay, I went and did it:

I particularly like the choice of a picture of Benjamin Franklin to go along with it.

"So don't change the dizzle, turn it up a little
I got a living room full of fine dime brizzles
Waiting on the Pizzle, the Dizzle and the Shizzle
G's to the bizzack, now ladies here we gizzo

When the pimp's in the crib ma
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot..."

-English Romantic poet, John Keats

Source

June 06, 2012, 02:21:02 AM #1693 Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 02:28:23 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
I wish I could have shown this to DeepRainforest on Shane's "What is the Free Market?" video's comments:

[yt]uVEjXp1xr0E[/yt]

Oh well.  But that being being said:  Suck on it, DeepRainforest! :3

"This is just me, but I think there's a difference between falling in love regardless of age and being a predator. I think a predator is like 'Imma purposely find an illegal girl because they're too young' vs somebody who may not even think of how old she is. So many girls today makes it hard to tell whether they are in high school or graduated college. Safe to go cougar though.

But that's just me."

From the comments of this video:

[yt]JkJXuckuJ0w[/yt]

of all places.