Battledome

Started by nilecroc, December 27, 2013, 09:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MrBogosity on January 10, 2014, 03:30:55 PM
So's the Cruciatus Curse. The pain is worse than "one thousand white-hot knives, boring into the skin," and prolonged use can cause permanent mental injury, implying that it works directly on the pain centers of the brain. And again, nothing the wizards have can block it or defend against it. It can even shatter solid objects.

That might sound painful to humans but remember Superman survived being thrown into molten lava and even ingesting it. So by this it's obvious that Kryptonian pain tolerance is WAY BEYOND that of a normal human.

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 10, 2014, 03:30:55 PM
So's the Cruciatus Curse. The pain is worse than "one thousand white-hot knives, boring into the skin," and prolonged use can cause permanent mental injury, implying that it works directly on the pain centers of the brain. And again, nothing the wizards have can block it or defend against it. It can even shatter solid objects.

'Injury' doesn't begin to describe what prolonged exposure to a Crucio can do.  Nigel's parents were rendered irreversibly insane by it, and this is in the face of the ability to selectively alter or remove memory and essentially unlimited regenerative medicine.

Quote from: evensgrey on January 10, 2014, 03:53:36 PM
'Injury' doesn't begin to describe what prolonged exposure to a Crucio can do.  Nigel's parents were rendered irreversibly insane by it, and this is in the face of the ability to selectively alter or remove memory and essentially unlimited regenerative medicine.

I think you mean Neville.

Quote from: Skm1091 on January 10, 2014, 03:41:47 PM
That might sound painful to humans but remember Superman survived being thrown into molten lava and even ingesting it.

Because of the protection he gets from his powers. My theory is that Crucio bypasses all of that and goes directly to his brain. Besides, he's been portrayed as being in pain several times in the comics.

Quote from: evensgrey on January 10, 2014, 03:53:36 PM

Wizards can do that, too, with memory charms.

QuoteBecause of the protection he gets from his powers. My theory is that Crucio bypasses all of that and goes directly to his brain. Besides, he's been portrayed as being in pain several times in the comics.

That is just speculation. But then again I guess most these versus threads are about speculating

Quote from: Skm1091 on January 10, 2014, 06:26:27 PM
That is just speculation. But then again I guess most these versus threads are about speculating

Kind of, unless you actually use source material to back up your claims about what kind of powers they have or feats they've accomplished.

Quote from: D on January 10, 2014, 06:30:36 PM
Kind of, unless you actually use source material to back up your claims about what kind of powers they have or feats they've accomplished.

yeah I suppose

what do you guys think about these guys?

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Character+Profile+-+Kain

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Character+Profile+-+Raziel

Quote from: Skm1091 on January 10, 2014, 06:33:42 PM
yeah I suppose

what do you guys think about these guys?

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Character+Profile+-+Kain

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Character+Profile+-+Raziel

Man, it's been FOREVER since I played Soul Reaver II or Legacy of Kain 2.

I have to play those games again.

As far as their standing in Battledome, probably do well against basic super characters, but once you get into anything hyperspeed and higher strength characters and beyond, they become nothing but fodder.

Quote from: D on January 10, 2014, 07:06:25 PM
Man, it's been FOREVER since I played Soul Reaver II or Legacy of Kain 2.

I have to play those games again.

As far as their standing in Battledome, probably do well against basic super characters, but once you get into anything hyperspeed and higher strength characters and beyond, they become nothing but fodder.

Raziel can't really die, He just goes into the spirit realm eat some souls and comes back.

One thing is for sure and it's that they put the Twilight saga to shame.

VAE VICTIS!!!

Spoilers bellow do not watch if you do not like spoilers

[yt]lFiLNc46jAM[/yt]

[yt]3wxc00Y_Egw[/yt]

[yt]CRZMxCkBv_4[/yt]

[yt]UwS_GbMo99Y[/yt]

Quote from: D on January 10, 2014, 06:30:36 PM

I seem to recall it being canon that Superman has only base human resistance to magic (essentially, none at all).  Kryptonite was so rare post-Crisis (at one time, the entire quantity on Earth was just enough to make one small stone in a ring Lex Luthor wore until the effects of the radiation forced him to have the hand amputated) that having something else that the Man of Steel was vulnerable to was an absolute necessity.  (After all, a person whom is absolutely invincible is also absolutely boring to read about, because he's just going to go in and punch the villain down effortlessly.  Supes even had a speech at Darkseid once where he expressed appreciation for Darkseid showing up because now he finally had someone he could really wail on, since from his point of view everything on Earth might as well be made of cardboard.)

Quote from: evensgrey on January 11, 2014, 09:44:59 AM
I seem to recall it being canon that Superman has only base human resistance to magic (essentially, none at all).  Kryptonite was so rare post-Crisis (at one time, the entire quantity on Earth was just enough to make one small stone in a ring Lex Luthor wore until the effects of the radiation forced him to have the hand amputated) that having something else that the Man of Steel was vulnerable to was an absolute necessity.  (After all, a person whom is absolutely invincible is also absolutely boring to read about, because he's just going to go in and punch the villain down effortlessly.  Supes even had a speech at Darkseid once where he expressed appreciation for Darkseid showing up because now he finally had someone he could really wail on, since from his point of view everything on Earth might as well be made of cardboard.)

Yeah, Superman is basically the same of resistance to magic as your average human. That's one of the main reasons why if Superman and Shazam/Captain Marvel fight, Captain Marvel tends to win. That being said, Captain Marvel also has the speed and power to keep up with Superman in the first place. Even if a wizard like someone from Harry Potter can perform magic, it doesn't mean they necessarily have the speed to cast a spell fast enough before Superman smashes their face in or gives them a heat vision induced lobotomy.

Quote from: D on January 11, 2014, 11:39:02 AM
gives them a heat vision induced lobotomy.
Like that one unfortunate psychic dude.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: D on January 11, 2014, 11:39:02 AM
Yeah, Superman is basically the same of resistance to magic as your average human. That's one of the main reasons why if Superman and Shazam/Captain Marvel fight, Captain Marvel tends to win. That being said, Captain Marvel also has the speed and power to keep up with Superman in the first place. Even if a wizard like someone from Harry Potter can perform magic, it doesn't mean they necessarily have the speed to cast a spell fast enough before Superman smashes their face in or gives them a heat vision induced lobotomy.

Heck I bet that Shang Tsung could beat the crap out of most of the Harry Potter wizards.

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Character+Profile+-+Shang+Tsung