Some net sleuths on Anita Sarkeesian

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, August 28, 2013, 01:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://anongamer.tumblr.com/post/59377532391/this-information-is-backed-up-here

I gotta get to bed so I didn't have time to really look at this in detail but it may paint a clearer picture of Anita.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on August 28, 2013, 01:19:17 AM
http://anongamer.tumblr.com/post/59377532391/this-information-is-backed-up-here

I gotta get to bed so I didn't have time to really look at this in detail but it may paint a clearer picture of Anita.

anyone tell me what it says? domain is blocked here on the rig site.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

I have a libertarian friend who is also a social psychologist.  He has gotten very frustrated with the tactics he's seen against Anita Sarkeesian, calling them "Fox News style gorilla warfare" and would appreciate some hard hitting criticism of Anita's arguments, criticism of Anita the person.

Though I appreciate his attempt to avoid personal attacks, as these are not counter arguments, I still feel that her character as a person is relevant.  How do I convince him that pointing out her numerous character flaws are a relevant issue and in what context. 

Quote from: Professor_Fennec on September 30, 2013, 02:37:55 PM
I have a libertarian friend who is also a social psychologist.  He has gotten very frustrated with the tactics he's seen against Anita Sarkeesian, calling them "Fox News style gorilla warfare" and would appreciate some hard hitting criticism of Anita's arguments, criticism of Anita the person.

Though I appreciate his attempt to avoid personal attacks, as these are not counter arguments, I still feel that her character as a person is relevant.  How do I convince him that pointing out her numerous character flaws are a relevant issue and in what context.

I don't see how a history of promoting pseudoscience isn't relevant to her current campaign of pseudoscience.

Quote from: Professor_Fennec on September 30, 2013, 02:37:55 PM

Simply explain that while bias is not itself proof of error, it does shed light on how they've gone wrong.  It's also a matter of trust.  I'll trust people who have shown themselves to have honesty and integrity over those who have been caught lying and have a history of it.

And if you're friend would like criticism of the actual arguments, I've done that before.
[yt]0G9KBu6XgL8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUM1VVwFyRtb_tob5uPz6DeQ[/yt]
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...