Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

That's misleading: I thought the argument was over minimum wage, not wages in general.

And is he seriously implying higher wages are the cause of employment? I thought that the stronger the economy, the more the employment, and only then do wages rise...
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on June 16, 2015, 10:46:00 PM
That's misleading: I thought the argument was over minimum wage, not wages in general.

And is he seriously implying higher wages are the cause of employment? I thought that the stronger the economy, the more the employment, and only then do wages rise...

There's also the detail that people without jobs tend to not have very much money, while people with high-paying jobs have a lot more.  In places where there are shortages of key needs like housing (like, for instance, Silicon Valley, and also the San Francisco area, due to local governments not allowing housing to be built) and lots of people with high-paying jobs the price of the short resource naturally rises sharply, forcing unemployed people out of the area for the lack of the ability to buy the short resource.

Incidentally, the other day I decided to look at what you can buy in terms of yachts in that price range.  It turns out you can, for the price range of private homes in Silicon Valley (which is often $1 million or more these days) you can buy one hell of a nice luxury yacht, or buy and refit other sorts of ships into very nice, MOBILE homes you can just motor off in when you've had enough of Silicon Valley and want a vacation, or to go do something else entirely.  (Some of the vessels in this price range on www.yachtworld.co.uk include ferries, research vessels, cargo ships, barges, and even the odd small cruise ship.)  If you can get a pier space (which you probably can't, for the same reason you can't get a home built) it sounds like a good way to bypass the problems of buying a home in the area.

ok, I don't have a link for that. I searched the page 1 of google and had no result unfortunately. I heard it on the radio yesterday and thought I'd share anyway because it's a fail quote, and it's damn funny.

So, there's this guy in China who is a famous author of treasure hunt adventure books. Someone decided to adapt his work as a ive action web mini series. When it launched, people were really surprised because there was a major change from the books, in the shape of an added line of dialogue that was repeated several times during the series. Each time the discussion was refering  to the moment when the characters would actually find the treasure, one of them had a line that reminded the main protagonist that he would have to surrender it to the government.

Apparently, people over there are still laughing about it and it became a trending meme on the chinese internet.

I hate projection.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

"I believe men are rational human beings, not mindless beasts enslaved by their own sex drives. I just act as if they were potentialy all rapists."

"I believe men are emotionally mature and compassionate enough to treat all people with respect. I just act as if they do not "

"I also know for a fact that men are intelligent, and can recognize the benefits of gender equality for society as a whole. I just act as if they cannot have a valid opinion on the subject."

"In short, I'm a feminist. I just act as if I was a stupid person."

So now North Korea is a "libertarian paradise." Okay. Not only do statists not know what "libertarianism" is, they also don't know what "government" is. What the heck are our public schools teaching our children that dimbulbs come up with these asinine conclusions?

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Quote from: BlameThe1st on June 24, 2015, 02:23:08 PM

So now North Korea is a "libertarian paradise." Okay. Not only do statists not know what "libertarianism" is, they also don't know what "government" is. What the heck are our public schools teaching our children that dimbulbs come up with these asinine conclusions?
The potato is strong with that OP!
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: AdeptusHereticus on June 27, 2015, 05:17:06 AM
Potato ?
A reference to a meme where a person says, "I can count to potato!" Basically, me saying that the OP extremely stupid.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

So let me get this straight: legalizing gay marriage will lead to outlawing religion which will lead to implementing fundamentalist religious law? Makes sense?

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Quote from: AdeptusHereticus on June 27, 2015, 05:17:06 AM
Potato ?

(I've been looking for a clip of The Tick (animated) offering a potato from his armpit and can't find it...)

Quote from: BlameThe1st on June 28, 2015, 11:18:10 PM

So let me get this straight: legalizing gay marriage will lead to outlawing religion which will lead to implementing fundamentalist religious law? Makes sense?

It's like the idiots who compare gamergate people to ISIS...

-Jesse Cox