Podcast for 7-4-2011

Started by MrBogosity, July 03, 2011, 04:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 03, 2011, 04:30:11 PM Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:35:52 AM by MrBogosity
Play the Podcast

Testing an embedded player: [mp3=200,20,0,left]https://bogosity.podbean.com/mf/web/gz769x/BogosityPodcast-7-4-2011.mp3[/mp3]

News of the Bogus:

Biggest Bogon Emitter: Robert Reich http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb6Q2J5XqiM

Idiot Extraordinaire: Pat Robertson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZnPYfpp4gI

This Week's Quote: "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." —Samuel Adams

OCD in me, but the subject says podcast for 7-14-2011

Anyway, yet another great podcast Shane

Thanks...it's just one of those days. I had to change the date on the video highlights 3 times before it accepted it. If I hadn't caught it it would have gone out as 6-20...

Thanks for bringing up the bit about Sodom and Homosexuality.  I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed that. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on July 03, 2011, 07:56:53 PM
Thanks for bringing up the bit about Sodom and Homosexuality.  I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed that. :)

Dude, you are NEVER, EVER the only one to notice anything.

It makes you look like a douche when you keep saying that about everything, seriously.

Yeah, but I know how he feels. Most of the things that people "know" about the Bible (and lots of other things) are wrong, and you often feel like you're the only sane person in a sea of idiocy. You're not, of course, and it helps to be reminded of that.

Quote from: VectorM on July 03, 2011, 08:06:17 PM
Dude, you are NEVER, EVER the only one to notice anything.

It makes you look like a douche when you keep saying that about everything, seriously.

That's nice.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

The part that gets me the most is the Brain scanner. I should just try to get an appointment with some bureaucrat and try to pass off dowsing rods as reliable lie/terrorist detectors. I probably have a 50/50 shot of them believing me no questions asked.

Quote from: FSBlueApocalypse on July 03, 2011, 08:55:43 PM
The part that gets me the most is the Brain scanner. I should just try to get an appointment with some bureaucrat and try to pass off dowsing rods as reliable lie/terrorist detectors. I probably have a 50/50 shot of them believing me no questions asked.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.  It reminds me of a few comments Shane left on his YouTube videos (can't remember where exactly) of the UK's NHS funding homeopathy.

Quote from: FSBlueApocalypse on July 03, 2011, 08:55:43 PM

Sniffex beat you to it.

You know, don't these idiots in government realize that the ESRB exists for the sole purpose of letting parents know what kind of content their kids will be purchasing? Of course ESRB is a private, self-regulating organization that rates games to provides enough information to let parents decide on their own if their kids should be playing such games. They're just mad that they don't get to make the decision themselves.

Robert Reich......words cannot describe the headache I received while listening to his asinine remarks.

The ESRB came out of government meddling anyway. After games like Mortal Kombat and Doom came out, Congress pulled the "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" act and gave the industry a year to form its own system or the government would create one.

Quote from: FSBlueApocalypse on July 03, 2011, 10:37:39 PM
The ESRB came out of government meddling anyway. After games like Mortal Kombat and Doom came out, Congress pulled the "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" act and gave the industry a year to form its own system or the government would create one.

That may be true, but it could have been a lot worse (for example what this bill in California would have caused.)

Of course some games had a warning on their label before the ESRB even existed. Splatterhouse 2 on the Sega Genesis is an example I can think of off of the top of my head. Great game by the way.

I was agreeing with what you were saying, just getting the point across that government is bitching despite getting what they wanted.

It's like a nanny running into your room, saying you have 5 minutes to get your Sunday best on, and then acting like you're a bum because your tie is a 1/4 inch too short.

Quote from: FSBlueApocalypse on July 03, 2011, 10:57:51 PM
I was agreeing with what you were saying, just getting the point across that government is bitching despite getting what they wanted.

It's like a nanny running into your room, saying you have 5 minutes to get your Sunday best on, and then acting like you're a bum because your tie is a 1/4 inch too short.

Very good analogy. I may have to steal that one.