Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: D on October 02, 2014, 11:12:46 AM

You know, it's things like this that show you have absolutely no argument to make whatsoever, and absolutely nothing worthwhile to contribute to the conversation. Even if I were inclined to make a parody graphic like this, I would base it on actual issues and defensible positions. This isn't parody; this is ad hominem. Ad hominem can NEVER be parody.

Quote from: MrBogosity on October 02, 2014, 11:36:18 AM
You know, it's things like this that show you have absolutely no argument to make whatsoever, and absolutely nothing worthwhile to contribute to the conversation. Even if I were inclined to make a parody graphic like this, I would base it on actual issues and defensible positions. This isn't parody; this is ad hominem. Ad hominem can NEVER be parody.
And you just got another cluon for this. :) It's something a few too many statists, and indeed woos in general, don't seem to grasp.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

https://plus.google.com/112759301310383471622/posts/gqSpcM3oDbX
Oh, furry fandom, I try to love you, and as someone who has been into it at least since he was 16 (10+ years now), you'll always have a place in my heart.  But goddamnit, why must you be so into leftist mysticism?

I still remember Hawkeye saying an experience he had with furries online, way back when he was just first getting into politics, etc and, as leftists, they were some of the most pompous, smarmiest and most arrogant douchebags he ever met.  So much so he didn't enter the fandom or left that account or something (though I know he's still a sympathizer). And noting his thoughts afterwards were something long the lines of, "Suffice to say, their arrogance makes you long for the chance to shove their heads into their torsos and let them drown in their own bile."

Another bit was of him saying that people make the best achievements between the ages of 18 and 30.  That is not an absolute rule.  Norman Borlaug anyone? Or what about folks like Michael Faraday who, because they tend to rely more on experiementation, were more or less making good work, etc for their whole lives?

"Our greatest accomplishments are done between 18 and 30.  Einstein did his best work in his 20's.  Nikola Tesla was phenomenal in his 20's. Because when you are young, your mind is agile, it has superior clarity so even if you don't fully understand a subject, you can assimilate the information in huge amounts especially if you are truly hungry for understanding.  It takes a teenager to say "Fuck the system!" to strike out on his or her revolutionary path to change the world.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you crash and burn, but you keep going.  Complacency is the enemy of progress. "

The "fuck the system attitude" that he, as a liberal, does NOT have (liberals, you ARE the status quo, you are not rebels.)
It's like Menno Henselmans once said:  "J-Lo too old? You're only old if you let yourself get old, at least until your 60s. Even BBers peak in their 30s."
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: Travis Retriever on October 02, 2014, 02:49:37 PM
https://plus.google.com/112759301310383471622/posts/gqSpcM3oDbX
Oh, furry fandom, I try to love you, and as someone who has been into it at least since he was 16 (10+ years now), you'll always have a place in my heart.  But goddamnit, why must you be so into leftist mysticism?

I still remember Hawkeye saying an experience he had with furries online, way back when he was just first getting into politics, etc and, as leftists, they were some of the most pompous, smarmiest and most arrogant douchebags he ever met.  So much so he didn't enter the fandom or left that account or something (though I know he's still a sympathizer). And noting his thoughts afterwards were something long the lines of, "Suffice to say, their arrogance makes you long for the chance to shove their heads into their torsos and let them drown in their own bile."

Another bit was of him saying that people make the best achievements between the ages of 18 and 30.  That is not an absolute rule.  Norman Borlaug anyone? Or what about folks like Michael Faraday who, because they tend to rely more on experiementation, were more or less making good work, etc for their whole lives?

"Our greatest accomplishments are done between 18 and 30.  Einstein did his best work in his 20's.  Nikola Tesla was phenomenal in his 20's. Because when you are young, your mind is agile, it has superior clarity so even if you don't fully understand a subject, you can assimilate the information in huge amounts especially if you are truly hungry for understanding.  It takes a teenager to say "Fuck the system!" to strike out on his or her revolutionary path to change the world.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you crash and burn, but you keep going.  Complacency is the enemy of progress. "

The "fuck the system attitude" that he, as a liberal, does NOT have (liberals, you ARE the status quo, you are not rebels.)
It's like Menno Henselmans once said:  "J-Lo too old? You're only old if you let yourself get old, at least until your 60s. Even BBers peak in their 30s."

His arrogance is matched by his ignorance, as well.  Tesla didn't even start on any important electrical work until he was 26, and didn't strike out on his own (and start the really important stuff, beginning with the basics of AC power) until he was 30.  He didn't start working on radio until he was 37, and didn't have anything practical he was willing to show in public until he was past 40.  Simply, ALL of Tesla's really significant work occurred AFTER he was 30 (and, incidentally, entirely on the basis that he could make money off of it, which he did, at a pace sufficient to fund his often very expensive experimental programs).

Quote from: D on October 02, 2014, 05:24:06 PM

Blatant lie is blatant.
Um, he DOES know that the USA has the highest corporate income tax in the world right?  And that it forces companies to pay taxes even IF you move away, unless you pay out the ass to revoke your citizenship, right? But as you'd say:  He.  Doesn't.  Care.

Quote from: Travis Retriever on October 02, 2014, 05:35:17 PM
Um, he DOES know that the USA has the highest corporate income tax in the world right?  And that it forces companies to pay taxes even IF you move away, unless you pay out the ass to revoke your citizenship, right? But as you'd say:  He.  Doesn't.  Care.

I don't take the picture seriously because you don't even have to go beyond the top part of the image to see blatant lying. If it can't even go one single sentence without lying, there's no reason to bother with the rest.

Quote from: D on October 02, 2014, 05:37:42 PM
I don't take the picture seriously because you don't even have to go beyond the top part of the image to see blatant lying. If it can't even go one single sentence without lying, there's no reason to bother with the rest.
True, but what can I say? I like to be thorough. #PerfectionistProblems

[yt]IhL-InxRArg[/yt]
Cracked. Let's make up problems.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on October 03, 2014, 02:13:18 PM
[yt]IhL-InxRArg[/yt]
Cracked. Let's make up problems.

And pretty much by proxy lie about Colorado...

(btw, legalization there= huge success thus far)
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

October 04, 2014, 01:31:52 AM #6701 Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:48:07 AM by Travis Retriever
Quote from: Travis Retriever on September 30, 2014, 01:48:29 PM
https://twitter.com/Huscoon/status/516998767745445888
I hate when people pull out the "patriarchy" excuse for the pay gap stuff...while ignoring the pay gap isn't a thing once you control for other factors, and then try to act like those two: profits and patriarchy aren't mutually exclusive.
And then the pillock tries to link me to some feminist literature talking about how capitalism and patriarchy is about partnership.  What a tool.
As I tried to explain to him, if the pay gap were a thing, it would be WAY too profitable to break ranks.
Needless to say, I'm not going to read that conspiracy feminist garbage.

Even if I don't convince him, at least I'll get the info out.  Also, something he posted that needs to be in this thread as well:

http://www.notsorryfeminism.com/2014/08/mocking-mras-is-easy-real-sexism.html
Bitch, please.
And someone deleted the conversation.  Wow, stay classy @OhHeyTDK & @Huscoon.  So much for #Respect
Assholes.
As I just posted on Twitter (not a fail):

My experience with them reminds me of a friend of mine, Lord T Hawkeye when he first met with furries.
Basically, they were arrogant smarmy liberals (like most furs are) to the point where he didn't join the fandom. In Hawkeye's own words:
"Suffice to say, their arrogance makes you long for the chance to shove their heads into their torsos and let them drown in their own bile."
Oh, furry fandom, I try to love you, and as someone who has been into it at least since he was 16 (10+ years now),
you'll always have a place in my heart. But goddamnit, why must you be so into leftist mysticism?
#AnarchoCapitalistProblems #RationalistProblems
Needless to say if I didn't find the fandom before politics, I'd have never joined the fandom, and would probably be a sympathizer like my friend Lord T Hawkeye.
Kinda makes me wish I screencapped the convo. Oh well. Personally, I don't see how it was a respectful conversation.
When the SJW was being a smarmy arrogant and dismissive ass, ignoring contradictions in sources and double standards, and definitions.
That kind of dishonest behavior is NOT respect. It's not even a cheap imitation. It's browbeating, and bullying and more worthy of a
cult member like from Christianity, the cult of the omnipotent state, or Scientology.
I wish there were more Libertarian and Anarcho Capitalist furries. :(
Of the hundreds of thousands of furs, I can count the ancap/libertarian ones I know on one hand (maybe two) and they're nearly all felines..
..for some reason. Independence + cats. I guess it makes sense. XD
I swear, I'm the only canine ancap fur I know of. At least I match half of the black and gold flag. X3 #BlackAndYellow

This was the same jackass who said he respects ISIS more than gamers.

Quote from: D on October 04, 2014, 06:30:36 AM

This was the same jackass who said he respects ISIS more than gamers.

Does NAMBLA also believe that the sky is blue?