Fail Quotes

Started by Travis Retriever, October 17, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

North Carolina Libertarian Candidate 'Just Passed the Threshold' to File FEC Report http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/08/25/North-Carolina-Libertarian-Candidate-Just-Passed-the-Threshold-to-File-FEC-Report

Otherwise excellent article, ruined by: "Haugh, who polls show takes most of his support from the Republican nominee..."

No, he doesn't! Polls show he draws equally from Democratic and Republican voters, and he actually has a high degree of support from blacks, who are hardly a conservative voting bloc!

(Lots of incredifail in the comments, too.)

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 26, 2014, 09:21:11 AM
(Lots of incredifail in the comments, too.)
Is this ever a surprise?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

[yt]O65Tyk6-wCc[/yt]

Yeah, sorry Aaron.  You've done some good stuff but here you're just being an internet hipster trying to look smart and it's not working.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on August 26, 2014, 10:20:07 AM
[yt]O65Tyk6-wCc[/yt]

Yeah, sorry Aaron.  You've done some good stuff but here you're just being an internet hipster trying to look smart and it's not working.

Not to mention the $70+ million that's been raised through that effort so far...

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 26, 2014, 12:33:15 PM
Not to mention the $70+ million that's been raised through that effort so far...

He claims that money just goes towards creating make work jobs for people and will never go towards actually finding a cure because if they did, they'd be out of work.

In other words, he mistakenly thinks private charities and the welfare state operate on the same rules.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

This comic would be far more accurate if the black guy were screaming "No Duh!"

I'm not even sure what this comic is making fun of? That Tea Party conservatives don't care about the police state? Then why have most right-leaning sights such as WND and Breitbart been decrying the police militarization within Ferguson?

But perhaps the greatest fail is in the comment section of r/politicalhumor where I found this. Some commenters are arguing that a militarized police force is not the result of big government, but small, local government. For example:

Quote"The local police are not "big government." They're local small government championed by conservatives. The only people standing up for these people are the FBI. This joke makes perfect sense to any liberal skeptical of local power."

Um, bullspit! This is the result of local law enforcement being supplied military-grade weapons and equipment from the military. This IS a problem with big government!

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Quote from: BlameThe1st on August 26, 2014, 01:37:45 PM
Um, bullspit! This is the result of local law enforcement being supplied military-grade weapons and equipment from the military. This IS a problem with big government!

Not only that, but "big government" doesn't refer to how many of them there are or how far away, but what powers they have.

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on August 26, 2014, 01:09:57 PM
He claims that money just goes towards creating make work jobs for people and will never go towards actually finding a cure because if they did, they'd be out of work.

In other words, he mistakenly thinks private charities and the welfare state operate on the same rules.

Ask him why the March of Dimes is still around long after conquering polio.

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 26, 2014, 06:18:55 PM
Ask him why the March of Dimes is still around long after conquering polio.

Or why they're still known as a "The War Amps" even though most of their work these days is with children.

A friend of mine who is into the huge election for Scotland's independence showed me this campaign ad from the "Better Together" campaign to keep Scotland a part of England.

[yt]OLAewTVmkAU[/yt]

Short version: Independence is scary.

[yt]jvEJfN-jiS4[/yt]

Quote from: D on August 27, 2014, 05:10:05 PM
A friend of mine who is into the huge election for Scotland's independence showed me this campaign ad from the "Better Together" campaign to keep Scotland a part of England.

[yt]OLAewTVmkAU[/yt]

Short version: Independence is scary.

I've actually read the proposed constitution for "independent" Scotland. It gives nothing that the Scots don't already have. (Well, except for the part where it says the Scottish Monarch can't leave Scotland without explicit permission from the Scottish Parliament) Therefore, while I support independence in general,  in this specific case, they may as well remain part of the U.K. .

"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on August 28, 2014, 09:18:48 AM

Isn't this exactly what the statists--and specifically, the social contract nutbars--say we SHOULD do if we don't like taxes?