IE: Cindy Bass, Philadelpha City Councilwoman

Started by Altimadark, December 05, 2017, 04:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Article: "Barrier windows in Philly beer delis: Symbols of safety or distrust?"

From the article, "[Cindy Bass] has proposed legislation that would force beer deli owners to remove thick plexiglass counter windows," claiming that 1) said windows are a symbol of distrust (suggesting the clientele is dangerous) and 2) too many of these establishments are merely "masquerading" as delis when their main source of income is alcohol.

I mean, I like to joke that politics makes people stupid, but my goodness -- it took me about two seconds to see the flaws in Bass's logic.
Failing to clean up my own mistakes since the early 80s.

Quote from: Altimadark on December 05, 2017, 04:55:17 AM
Article: "Barrier windows in Philly beer delis: Symbols of safety or distrust?"

From the article, "[Cindy Bass] has proposed legislation that would force beer deli owners to remove thick plexiglass counter windows," claiming that 1) said windows are a symbol of distrust (suggesting the clientele is dangerous) and 2) too many of these establishments are merely "masquerading" as delis when their main source of income is alcohol.

I mean, I like to joke that politics makes people stupid, but my goodness -- it took me about two seconds to see the flaws in Bass's logic.

I don't go to bars and I can come up with a more mundane guess: you don't want the patrons to smash windows too easily...
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox