Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dallas Wildman on January 30, 2015, 06:52:17 PM
Well Angry Joe finally weighs in on Swatting and GamerGate

[yt]UwTjHXiN4qw[/yt]

Swatting starts at 29:22
Gamergate starts at 31:44

Taken down by a DMCA claim. Boo, BroTeamPill, whoever you are!

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 31, 2015, 09:29:05 AM

Some kind of video game review thing, on Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Reddit, their own wiki, etc.

Quote from: evensgrey on January 31, 2015, 10:52:14 AM
Some kind of video game review thing, on Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Reddit, their own wiki, etc.

And notice that, when a video is taken down because of a DMCA claim, the comments go with it. Just sayin'.

Are you kidding me?  Well I'm going to have to link to their twitter in fail quotes.  Basically when it comes to GamerGate "Angry" Joe Vargas has criticisms to make against both sides.
Towards GGers - They've overstated their success
Towards Anti-GGers - That they're have been legitimate faults in gaming journalism and that just because *some* use the hashtag to promote their hatred doesn't mean the movement as a whole is anti-women.
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 31, 2015, 12:07:34 PM
And notice that, when a video is taken down because of a DMCA claim, the comments go with it. Just sayin'.

Is that a new phenomenon with the removal of YouTube Comments, or was it like that with them as well?  I know comments on privated videos remained viewable (and postable, even) if you already had the link to the comment page under the old system.

Oh AngryJoe does criticize GGers for playing up conspiracy theories and goes into some discussion about the Quinnspiracy.

[yt]UoucuL1jazI[/yt]

Quote from: MrBogosity on February 01, 2015, 03:45:03 PM
Maybe GG is having an effect?

Well, we know it has some who depend on the corruption in the gaming press worried.  Why else would Anita Sarkesian take the time to do unpaid interviews about it, when she normally won't show up for less than $5k?  (Or not show up for about $300k.)

[yt]JeXX_zwhmi8[/yt]

And there it is back up.

He ended with 17 minutes demonstrating he doesn't understand GamerGate at all, trying to claim it's really still the Guinnspiracy thing, after he'd already shown he mistakes Zoe Quinn (who, keep in mind, isn't more than semi-literate at best) for a game developer.

TotalBiscuit putting Anita in her place.

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on January 30, 2015, 06:52:17 PM
Well Angry Joe finally weighs in on Swatting and GamerGate

[yt]UwTjHXiN4qw[/yt]

Swatting starts at 29:22
Gamergate starts at 31:44

First two minutes of the video: I hate this guy.

End of the video: I can't STAND this guy!

Why is he in Fav Quotes?

Quote from: MrBogosity on February 02, 2015, 05:34:10 PM
First two minutes of the video: I hate this guy.

End of the video: I can't STAND this guy!

Why is he in Fav Quotes?

Because people in opposition to GamerGate were complaining about how the movement was a concerted assault on women.  I didn't think anyone here was going to agree with all of his points, but he does point out that the whole "GamerGate = Concerted Misogyny" is a load of bullshit.  Yes he doesn't align himself with the movement, but I thought it was important someone like him to emphasize that last point.