Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Travis Retriever on May 03, 2014, 11:08:58 AM
"tatistical tests form the basis of all scientific results. If you have no knowledge of statistics, you can’t properly interpret research...  tatistical illiteracy is the 21st century’s equivalent of the inability to read and write."--Menno Henselmans, source here: http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/powerful-stats/ for full context.

Why the strikethrough?

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 03, 2014, 11:35:40 AM
Why the strikethrough?
Fixed.  Thanks.
Because I forgot to proofread/preview my post and I forgot that adding a [ S ] without the spaces (like used to show a replacement in a sentence when quoting someone) was a strikeout. >.<*
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Ah yes, that would do it.

Unrelated, this is a Fav:

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 03, 2014, 11:53:22 AM
Ah yes, that would do it.

Unrelated, this is a Fav:

Oh...my god! That is win! XD
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

OK...

"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 01, 2014, 10:32:10 AM
Pretty much the same thing the previous generation said about mine when we were teens. #3 I think is universal through time.

For all that, isn't it amazing we're the most prosperous generation (so far) in history, Shane? I mean, people in our generation are supposed to be stoners and loafers and not work and... whatever else they said.

[yt]rfGKiq-tbbo[/yt]

Shane, you need to talk about this. if we can help get more and more people to hear this, and enough people found it, then Obama is finished.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: dallen68 on May 04, 2014, 02:32:19 AM
For all that, isn't it amazing we're the most prosperous generation (so far) in history, Shane? I mean, people in our generation are supposed to be stoners and loafers and not work and... whatever else they said.

Actually, that was the generation before mine, and my generation is the first to NOT be as well off as our parents. They spent themselves into debt in the '80s and passed that debt on to us. And we're STILL paying the economic price of that, as these same boomers begin to retire and get Social Security despite the fact that they're the richest age demographic in the country!

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on May 04, 2014, 03:02:15 AM
[yt]rfGKiq-tbbo[/yt]

Shane, you need to talk about this. if we can help get more and more people to hear this, and enough people found it, then Obama is finished.

If Obama can get away with killing a 16 year old American without people even batting an eyelash, blatantly lying about raising taxes by calling it a fine, only for the courts to say "it's a tax" and people still cheer, and continue with foreign wars that he promised he would end, this sure as hell isn't going to ruin him.

Quote from: D on May 04, 2014, 08:59:41 AM
If Obama can get away with killing a 16 year old American without people even batting an eyelash, blatantly lying about raising taxes by calling it a fine, only for the courts to say "it's a tax" and people still cheer, and continue with foreign wars that he promised he would end, this sure as hell isn't going to ruin him.

Like I said, I think he could rape a child on live TV and get away with it.

I don't think our target should be the government anymore; it should be the corporate news media that's been all too complicit with it. Take down the corporate media and let free news prevail, and I think LOTS of our problems would be solved.

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 04, 2014, 08:56:24 AM
Actually, that was the generation before mine, and my generation is the first to NOT be as well off as our parents. They spent themselves into debt in the '80s and passed that debt on to us. And we're STILL paying the economic price of that, as these same boomers begin to retire and get Social Security despite the fact that they're the richest age demographic in the country!
Not to pick nits, but you're 20 years older than me...how are you still in the same generation as me? O_O I thought the millennials (my generation---I was born in 1988) was a distinct generation between the ones born during the late 1960s and 1970s?  At least that's what Wikipedia implied. ^^;

May 04, 2014, 12:24:24 PM #3956 Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 04:06:00 PM by Travis Retriever
Quote from: MrBogosity on May 04, 2014, 10:55:44 AM
Like I said, I think he could rape a child on live TV and get away with it.
Natch.  It makes me want to say:

Dear Liberals & Democrats,

Where were you and what are you doing now about...
the NDAA, CISPA, Obama's chemical warfare in the middle east that left many dead and sterile?  The drone strikes?  The wiretapping?  The second patriot act?  The wars he started? Gitmo? The medical pot dispensaries despite his promise to not do that? His abandoning of gays after making promises? To name just a few?  And please, spare me the excuses of "well the republicans were just as bad! It's Bush's/the republicans fault!" Jesus, don't insult my intelligence with such pure, unadulterated crap. I'm more than sick of it.

Sincerely,

those of us who were paying attention.

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 04, 2014, 10:55:44 AMI don't think our target should be the government anymore; it should be the corporate news media that's been all too complicit with it. Take down the corporate media and let free news prevail, and I think LOTS of our problems would be solved.
What do you mean "our target"?

Quote from: Travis Retriever on May 04, 2014, 12:24:24 PM
those of us who were paying attention.
What do you mean "our target"?

Seems like he means our target as libertarians. If we focus on going after the corporate media, who do more to protect government than be a watch dog of it like the original purpose of journalism, we would make our lives a hell of a lot easier in terms of getting stuff done.

Quote from: Travis Retriever on May 04, 2014, 11:58:53 AM
Not to pick nits, but you're 20 years older than me...how are you still in the same generation as me? O_O I thought the millennials (my generation---I was born in 1988) was a distinct generation between the ones born during the late 1960s and 1970s?  At least that's what Wikipedia implied. ^^;

I'm Generation X. We're the ones born while the Baby Boomers were growing up and starting to ruin things.

@Shane:  Thanks. :)

Inspired by your talk of the media, I just recall this quote: "Media is the 4th branch of government." I don't know who first said that.