Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: D on December 13, 2013, 07:42:39 PM
[yt]qzKzu86Agg0[/yt]

Every day I see this guy, my respect for him goes.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

[yt]tZfocSXozuw[/yt]

The Fuck did I just watch?
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on December 17, 2013, 01:34:57 AM
[yt]tZfocSXozuw[/yt]

Am I the only one who found it funny?

Quote from: Skm1091 on December 17, 2013, 03:08:33 AM
Am I the only one who found it funny?

Well, of course the Asian would think so. jk.

I thought it was funny, just what the fuck.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

[yt]jvW9WwDLCxg[/yt]

http://crescotheeko.deviantart.com/journal/Billy-s-Rantz-How-IP-or-Copyrights-should-work-414021589#comments
Shameful.  So many realize what we have in terms of IP is extreme, yet don't want to strike the root.
It's like Hawkeye once said, who lobbied and continues to lobby for IP laws?  Upon finding the answer, the debate should end there.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Apparently a judged ruled against NSA spying. Hurray. Ket's see if they actually listen

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on December 17, 2013, 01:34:57 AM
[yt]tZfocSXozuw[/yt]

If we merge Fish-Head with a lightbulb, will we get Mr. Sparkle or Homer Simpson?
Failing to clean up my own mistakes since the early 80s.

Quote from: Altimadark on December 17, 2013, 08:03:45 PM
If we merge Fish-Head with a lightbulb, will we get Mr. Sparkle or Homer Simpson?

they're practically the same...appearance wise.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

http://imgur.com/gallery/b2zWEBi

Good man.  Rest easy Edward, you've done more than your part.

And to the commenters, STFU about him being a "traitor."  You don't even know what that word means.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

December 18, 2013, 10:30:28 AM #3432 Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 11:26:26 AM by T dog
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-signs-tech-industry-finally-ran-out-ideas-in-2013/

A better name for this would be, "5 signs the tech industry has become as over-regulated/controlled by government as the rest of them"
I read it and nothing sticks out as terribad in the rest of the article--except for the bit about Google as a monopoly.  Being 20x bigger than the next biggest competitor doesn't make them a monopoly (not in the literal sense--ONLY *one* seller/provider)), Wong.  No, having software patents on the shit that keeps them there is what would make them a monopoly.  Hell, even the examples he lists-- the music industry back in the day and Microsoft have that status because of government grants of monopoly via IP (esp: software patents).  And cable companies he talks of?  They're granted direct monopoly 'rights' via your local government.  Cheers!

Finally, the last bit in it reminded me of last night when D linked me an article of a guy who's video game footage video was flagged by the system and taken down--when it was footage of a game he made himself from scratch:  www.playeressence.com/jonathan-blow-gets-flagged-on-youtube-for-showing-footage-of-his-own-game/

And of course, YouTube's response to it:  https://www.bogosity.tv/forum/index.php?topic=315.msg21731#msg21731
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]S3m3KlaZU80[/yt]

December 18, 2013, 03:31:32 PM #3434 Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:18:00 PM by T dog
Quoted For Truth:

And ditto for clichés like "School of Hard Knocks" when said as if the OP is better/smarter than you.