Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MrBogosity on August 15, 2012, 10:47:25 PM
I wonder how that would have worked out in the Electoral College?

Well, IIRC you said at the time the Libertarian votes in your state were more than the lead Obama ended up with.  Of course, I don't see anyone who'd vote Libertarian actually being willing to vote for McCain, either.  (Obama is trying to look good by pretending to be against war with Iran while McCain continues to beat the drums loudly.  Sadly, many people will have entirely forgotten that absurd terrorism plot Obama's minions cooked up to try and foment war with Iran.)

Quote from: D on August 15, 2012, 07:41:18 PM

Ah, you see, the argument is that the 2009 budget was really Bush's budget.  Doesn't quite work when you also want to claim things like Obama increasing the budget for NASA by a large amount, which requires that the 2009 budget be his.

[yt]e49ZU8YLVLs[/yt]

[yt]9VkmLUUev20[/yt]

From the episode "Shoeless Al" from season 9 of Married with Children, Jefferson D'Arcy says a quick line that I just thought was worthy of a Fav quote.

Skip to 6:52
[yt]B178O9C09EA[/yt]

"Believe me Al, malls across America set aside millions of dollars for just this type of frivolous lawsuit. It's the American way Al. And if these millions are not spent on lawsuits...they go to social security. Then nobody gets it." - Jefferson D'Arcy

Quote from: D on August 18, 2012, 08:49:51 AM"Believe me Al, malls across America set aside millions of dollars for just this type of frivolous lawsuit. It's the American way Al. And if these millions are not spent on lawsuits...they go to social security. Then nobody gets it." - Jefferson D'Arcy

The biggest win is the applause from the audience!

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 18, 2012, 08:58:23 AM
The biggest win is the applause from the audience!

Indeed. Even back in 1995, people knew Social Security wasn't what it was cracked up to be.

It would be the sweetest irony if Romney sued Obama for copywrite on that.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Usually I'm not one to post something I've said, but this had a pretty good ring to it:

QuoteWhen statists tell us charity doesn't work, realize that what they're really saying is, "I'm lazy and it is easier for me if they just force you to do it."

She's a genius just for being able to compose this sentence:

"No, really, the Lockheed Martin/Goldman Sachs/Bain Capital-sponsored event in Tampa for goat fcking backwoods science hating morons trained by ex-trotskyites and bugged eyed nationalists isn't actually interested having free thinkers, anti-Establishment outlaw Protestants, vegetarians, queers, gender benders, geeks, gear heads, Luddites, dead enders, Keene krusty punks, straight edge, smack addled, raw milk drinkers, homesteaders, militia, urban bound Rothbardians*, radical feminists, polygamists, whores, Trad Catholics, cyborgs and a Palestinian showing to MAP** Mitt Romney's coronation.

"* That's a euphemism for Jews like me.

"‎**Mormon American Prince" --Angela Keaton

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 21, 2012, 09:03:51 AM
She's a genius just for being able to compose this sentence:

"No, really, the Lockheed Martin/Goldman Sachs/Bain Capital-sponsored event in Tampa for goat fcking backwoods science hating morons trained by ex-trotskyites and bugged eyed nationalists isn't actually interested having free thinkers, anti-Establishment outlaw Protestants, vegetarians, queers, gender benders, geeks, gear heads, Luddites, dead enders, Keene krusty punks, straight edge, smack addled, raw milk drinkers, homesteaders, militia, urban bound Rothbardians*, radical feminists, polygamists, whores, Trad Catholics, cyborgs and a Palestinian showing to MAP** Mitt Romney's coronation.

"* That's a euphemism for Jews like me.

"‎**Mormon American Prince" --Angela Keaton

double win to anyone here who fits into at least three of the categories.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox