Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

http://www.cracked.com/article_19910_5-things-you-wont-believe-are-making-you-dumber.html

#3 is the epic win quote.  Stefan Molyneux would be proud. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

[yt]8JEXMW9WSlg[/yt]

"Conspiracy theories may sound complicated, but the belief that a few powerful men control the world is remarkably simplistic: we can replace the ones who currently twist the reins of power for their own ends with more benevolent men who twist them to the benefit of all. But with no real puppet masters to slay, the conspiratorial just chase shadows, distracting from the real causes of the world's problems."

---Dan Bier

A little outdated, but I have no problem with anything that makes fun of PETA.

[yt]o6wAc7VB1PY[/yt]

Quote from: Goaticus on June 30, 2012, 08:12:47 PM

to which I usually reply "no shit!"

srsly, you have no idea how many people just don't get that this "free healthcare" doesn't exist. well, you probably do, but you get my point...

There was that one video, I had three people in a row telling me healthcare in Sweden or sth was free--after clearly explaining why it isn't free. I even explained that you could likely get the same quality healthcare for less in the free market, because you don't have the bureaucracy to pay for, or all that red tape. note that I also took care to point out that the US is NOT an example of a "free market" system.

still didn't stop them...I had to tell them to actually read what I said (directing them to the time and to whom I was replying), since they just kept saying the same thing.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

http://blog.skepticallibertarian.com/2012/06/29/why-we-oppose-conspiracy-theories/

Quote[A]t the Skeptical Libertarian, we oppose conspiracy theories not merely because they are bad press for libertarianism, but because they are not supported by the facts. If the libertarian movement gained influence as a result of its proclivity for paranoid conspiracies, we would still oppose them. First and foremost, our commitment is to reality—popular or not—and to a conversation based on reason and evidence. Intellectual honesty is our core value, and scientific skepticism is the surest way to preserve that integrity.

I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Goaticus on July 03, 2012, 05:31:47 AM

Gary Johnson climbed Everest? for real?

if he did, he definitely has my endorsement! for the only thing better than a smart capable man, is a physically tough smart capable man...with balls of brass.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

[yt]WrnGnwuqOA8[/yt]

Despite the other 3 being tools, Schiff is awesome here.