Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: evensgrey on April 21, 2012, 05:55:37 AM
It also helps that there are a LOT of firms operating in most industries (even banking, at least in the US, we don't have many firms that are legally BANKS in Canada, at least not in the retail market, most of them are something else, like a credit union).  The more firms there are, the smaller the overall impact (on the firms involved and the industry as a whole) that any given merger/buyout has, so the case for it is easier to make.

One of my favorite parts of The Black Swan by Nassim Taleb was how he showed that most of the Governments methods for avoiding risk made the possibility of a banking meltdown a near certainty. He wrote this before 2008.

Oddly enough spending seems to have taken off in 1971. I wonder what happened that year?

Quote from: Goaticus on April 22, 2012, 03:28:06 PM
Oddly enough spending seems to have taken off in 1971. I wonder what happened that year?

how is it possible we are spending more in this time then we did in World War II?

that's one other reason the federal government sucks.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

It's not a quote, but I give no fucks. This is awesome anyway.

April 23, 2012, 01:48:47 AM #1536 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:57:26 AM by Ibrahim90
oh, I can see that one:

[spoiler]"in the beginining, Robotnik created the robotic heavens and earth. now the robotic earth was formless and empty, there were no artificial lights hovering over the great scrap-heap, and the spirit of Robotnik hovered over it. And robotnik said: "we need Artificial lighting" and so there was artificial lighting. Robotnik saw that the light was good, and so he seperated the light and dark. Robotnik called the light "illumination", and dark "darkness", and there was poorly lit, and just turned on--the first day"

"then Robotnik said: let there be a mechanics lab between the scrap heaps , to seperate the scrap heaps. So Robotnik built the mechanics lab, and seperated the upper and lower scrap heaps, and it was so. Robotnik called the upper expanse "primary scrap heap", and there was poorly lit and just turned on--the second day"

"the Robotnik said "let the scrap heaps be gethered, so that there would be space to walk in. and Robotnik named these "walkways", and everything else "surplus heaps". Robotnik saw that it was agreeble to the senses, so he approved. and there was poorly lit and just turned on--the third day.

the Robotnik said: let there be lights in the expanse of the primary scrap heap and mechanics lab, to seperate no darkness from artificial lighting. these will be used as direction signs, as tokens of Robotnik's potential, and to indicate hours of work, break, and sleep. they'll be in the expanse of the primary scrap heap to illuminate the walkways. and so it was.

the he made two big artificial lights: the bigger one illuminated his lab, the smaller one the scrapheap"
[/spoiler]
I'll leave you guys to figure out where this is going :P
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

"Relying on the government to protect your privacy is like asking a peeping tom to install your window blinds." --John Perry Barlow

[yt]zQ5cGYBV2TQ[/yt]

April 24, 2012, 09:04:17 PM #1540 Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:06:56 PM by Ibrahim90
[yt]6P8mrqELjd8&context=C48fa09dADvjVQa1PpcFNDMVMHJwse1ImJcrYjEMUdG7tJ6o_W0Sw=[/yt]

nothing like some old fashioned dealing with science related bunk.

(on a different note: you should check this guy out: he's only made three videos so far, but more are in the works (I hope), so yeah..I'm advertizing a little XD)

-Jesse Cox

[yt]_A-yboiw0d8[/yt]

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on April 25, 2012, 09:39:29 AM
D, this one's for you:  http://www.cracked.com/article_19780_5-gender-stereotypes-that-used-to-be-exact-opposite.html

*flexes manly muscles*

Is that supposed to be a pot shot at my manliness boy?

Oh well, time to watch some manly fighting in broken English.

[yt]2QaO8t-Tejk[/yt]

Quote from: D on April 25, 2012, 10:21:21 AM
*flexes manly muscles*

Is that supposed to be a pot shot at my manliness boy?

Maaaybe. :P

More to show the standards of manliness are 100% arbitrary.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537