Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[yt]pBmifFUBmg8[/yt]

More win from Sean and Rachel. Yes, the mainstream news media in this country is one big corporate special interest group.

[yt]by_SkLK1-aQ[/yt]

[yt]TO589ti_-Pc[/yt]

Mundane Matt here explains why Gamers are not Nazis :sigh: is this the best the SJW's can do

Quote from: Dukect45 on September 03, 2014, 02:43:35 PM
[yt]zorEMP8GxBA[/yt]
And not to be outdone, Hawkeye's comment on it:

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
Give a man a fish each day and you make him your slave."
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

For once, some sanity to come out of Tumblr:

QuoteI am so beyond tired of people claiming to have my best interests at heart trying to tell me how I'm allowed to think and feel.

I'm tired of "activists" spreading lies to try to make me feel like I'm too delicate and fragile to handle LIFE, all while claiming to do so in the name of "empowering" me.

I'm tired of people half my age trying to tell me how the world works, and what's best for me as a woman, when most of them are still living out of mommy and daddy's wallet, have little to no responsibilities in life, and are still guided by the same level of understanding of the opposite sex that they appear to legitimately believe in "cooties".

I'm tired of watching people be told that they aren't the women they feel they are, and are just "men trying to invade womens' spaces".

I'm tired of watching people be told that they're "traitors to their gender", and that their personal identity is just a way of gaining "male privilege".

I'm tired of watching people using gender as an excuse for bullying, violence, and even murder.

I'm tired of watching people using gender as some form of exemption from accepting blame, guilt, or responsibility for their own words and actions.

I'm tired of being told I have "internalized misogyny" for not blindly following the almighty "cult of the vagina" masquerading around as "feminism" these days.

I'm tired of people literally denying my existence simply because I ACTUALLY THINK FOR MYSELF.

I'm tired of people telling me they want me to be empowered as a woman, and then demonizing me when my ways of doing so don't fit into their definition of "empowerment" (which, nowadays, is little more than "You can't question what I do, and you have to do what I say, because I'm a woman, and I can accuse you of anything I want to if you don't, because our society has made it so only women receive sympathy, and will automatically side with me, even if I'm a disgusting excuse for a human being, and completely in the wrong.")

I'm tired of people that claim to be standing for equality ignoring when injustices are done to anyone that isn't them.

I'm tired of privileged women that say they want to stop the oppression of all women, but never seem to mention anything beyond what happens on their own doorstep.

I'm tired of people making it even harder for me to be taken seriously as a woman, because their actions have given the world reason to distrust us.

I'm tired of people who can't seem to differentiate between the terms "feminist", and "chauvinist".

I'm just completely and utterly tired of today's "feminism".

Someone award this person the internet, please!

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Quote from: BlameThe1st on September 04, 2014, 11:32:27 PM
For once, some sanity to come out of Tumblr:

Someone award this person the internet, please!
@OP:  *STANDING OVATION!*
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]XqS36NDuv30[/yt]

And Razorfist hits it out of the park again

I don't think I've posted this here. It was written back in 1986, but it still speaks to me today:

QuoteAnother one got caught today, it's all over the papers. "Teenager Arrested in Computer Crime Scandal", "Hacker Arrested after Bank Tampering"...

Damn kids. They're all alike.

But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain, ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker? Did you ever wonder what made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?

I am a hacker, enter my world...

Mine is a world that begins with school... I'm smarter than most of the other kids, this crap they teach us bores me...

Damn underachiever. They're all alike.

I'm in junior high or high school. I've listened to teachers explain for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction. I understand it. "No, Ms. Smith, I didn't show my work. I did it in my head..."

Damn kid. Probably copied it. They're all alike.

I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me... Or thinks I'm a smart ass... Or doesn't like teaching and shouldn't be here...

Damn kid. All he does is play games. They're all alike.

And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found.

"This is it... this is where I belong..."

I know everyone here... even if I've never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...

Damn kid. Tying up the phone line again. They're all alike...

You bet your ass we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed baby food at school when we hungered for steak... the bits of meat that you did let slip through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by sadists, or ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us willing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.

This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals.

You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like.

My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.

+++The Mentor+++

Another example of Gawker being complete and utter hypocrites.

Quote from: MrBogosity on September 05, 2014, 07:01:10 AM
I don't think I've posted this here. It was written back in 1986, but it still speaks to me today:
You were a hacker? Damn. I didn't know that. Because of the lack of technology and internet where I live, etc, I never really got into computers like that. *shrugs*

Quote from: Travis Retriever on September 05, 2014, 10:58:30 AM
You were a hacker? Damn. I didn't know that. Because of the lack of technology and internet where I live, etc, I never really got into computers like that. *shrugs*

Yeah, it was an amazing time. No one knew what computers were, there was no Internet, and basically no one knew how to secure anything. So we were all free to explore.

Wizards has been putting these kind of disclaimers in their books, like this one for the monster manual.

"Disclaimer: Any similarities between monsters depicted in this book and monsters that actually exist are purely coincidental. That goes double for mind flayers, which absolutely, utterly, and completely do not exist, nor do they secretly run the D&D team. Do we really need a disclaimer to tell you that? You shouldn't use your brain to consider such irrational thoughts. They only make the mind cluttered, confused, and unpleasantly chewy. A good brain is nice, tender, and barely used. Go ahead, put down this book and watch some reality TV or Internet cat videos. They're really funny these days. You won't regret it. We say this only because we love you and your juicy, succulent gamer brains."
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart