Podcast for 1-9-2012

Started by MrBogosity, January 08, 2012, 03:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
[mp3]https://bogosity.podbean.com/mf/web/v9jeum/BogosityPodcast-2012-01-09.mp3[/mp3]

News of the Bogus:
Biggest Bogon Emitter: The News Media (Iowa Caucus coverage)
Idiot Extraordinaire: Pierre Dukan http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/sns-rt-us-slim-kids-markstre8051n1-20120106,0,3915996.story
This Week's Quote: "Yes, there are incompetents in this world—just as there are evil-doers and frauds. That's why we must reduce government to a fraction of its current size—to take away the power that enables incompetents, evil-doers, and frauds to run our lives." —Harry Browne

It's not that shocking that the media is trying to push back on Ron Paul's momentum. Especially after this came out:

[yt]Pxzdfv13tGo[/yt]

Quote1st guy: "...We've shown, we've proved (misspoke), we've proved over the last ten years or etc., repeatedly that we only do one at a time. We can fight two wars."

2nd guy: "This is all get'n interrupted when he's, Ron Paul becomes President"

Woman laughs

1st guy: "See, see this room? Two-thirds of us laid off when Ron Paul is President"

Guys laughing

2nd guy: "...two more doctors visit... since before Obama was born"

Woman: [inaudible]

1st guy:"Well World War II. We fought two wars [inaudible] that's where it comes from [inaudible] fully mobilized country [inaudible]"

Woman: [inaudible]

CSPAN announcer: "We are live again at the Pentagon this morning where President Obama is expected to talk about the defeat (misspoke) defense strategic...[end of clip]"

Remember before the Iowa caucus, when the news media were saying how important the second and third places are? Now that RP's in third, they stopped saying that.

They do NOT want to report. They want to engineer the election.

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 08, 2012, 07:14:35 PM
Remember before the Iowa caucus, when the news media were saying how important the second and third places are? Now that RP's in third, they stopped saying that.

They do NOT want to report. They want to engineer the election.

Yeah. I don't like to be the "conspiracy guy" but this is the same kind of nonsense they did back in 2008 to screw Paul out of the election then. I wouldn't be surprised if they start banning him from the debates like they did back then too.

This may be a case of mondegreen on my part, but in the podcast when you were talking about the republican caucus, you were talking about how the non-Paul candidates were in favour of a military option against Iran, right? To my ears, it sounded like you were saying iraq. Just curious  :)

Quote from: ebalosus on January 09, 2012, 11:27:54 PM
This may be a case of mondegreen on my part, but in the podcast when you were talking about the republican caucus, you were talking about how the non-Paul candidates were in favour of a military option against Iran, right? To my ears, it sounded like you were saying iraq. Just curious  :)

If you listen to the podcast again, you'll find out it was all a delusion caused by a drug in the fogs of Dartmoor near Baskerville.* I never said Iraq, always Iran. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

It was those damn bogons again, I tell you!

(*reference to the latest episode of Sherlock--which was AWE, SOME!)

Ron Paul's second place finish in Connecticut got prominent coverage...on CBC Radio One, at least.  Heard it yesterday on my way home from work.

Isn't it amazing? Before the Iowa caucus, it was, "Second and third place really matter." Then Ron Paul got third, and third place didn't matter all of a sudden. Then it was, let's see who the top two candidates are in NH. When Ron Paul was second, now all of a sudden that doesn't matter (despite the fact that our last three presidents all came second in NH), even though they're still talking up Rick Perry, who only got 1%!

What will happen if Ron Paul takes SC? FIRST place doesn't matter???

I really doubt Paul will get 1st place, the South is probably his weakest area

True, but it'd be interesting to see how the press reacts.

I get the feeling from the portrayal (or lack of) of Ron Paul in the race by the media is akin to that of how the government in america treats it's citizens: something to be occasionally humoured, but mostly ignored