Idiot Extraordinaire - PETA

Started by AnCap Dave, November 17, 2011, 08:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 17, 2011, 08:35:10 PM Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:39:23 PM by D
Source

QuoteWhen on a mission to rescue the princess, Mario has been known to use any means necessary to defeat his enemy—even wearing the skin of a raccoon dog to give him special powers.

Tanooki may be just a "suit" in Mario games, but in real life, tanuki are raccoon dogs who are skinned alive for their fur. By wearing Tanooki, Mario is sending the message that it's OK to wear fur. Play Super Tanooki Skin 2D and help Tanooki reclaim his fur!

So let me get this straight. PETA is mad at Mario for wearing a Tanooki suit. Does Mario skin an animal alive to get this power up? Let's find out shall we?

[yt]38q-rUWnwhI[/yt]

No. He doesn't.

Let's be honest. They're only doing this for attention since the latest Mario game came out. I'm surprised PETA hasn't gone after Mario for slaughtering turtles mercilessly for nearly 30 years. Apparently PETA haven't played too many Mario games, because if they did, they would have known the Tanooki Suit was in Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES.

Also, NOBODY in the fur business skins animals alive. It doesn't even make sense. Why wouldn't they kill it, before they skin it? It serves no purpose and it only makes the skinning harder and could damage the fur.

Just more propaganda by our dear PETA friends.

well, some people just live in a non-world.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox